Chapter XXXIX

Começar do início

"I had her when I was 13. And you know she hates it when you call her Wally" Pollux stated. 

"Pollux" A stern voice called out. Irma always felt that Athena was a threat to their marriage and that it was her thoughts and beliefs that changed the ethical pureblood into the man he was today. 

"Irma" he nodded. 

"Your daughter was associating herself with... mudbloods" Irma stated, practically spitting out the word as if it were venom. 

"Was she?" Pollux said, glancing at his daughter, who huffed at the allegation, not even bothering to deny it. 

"Awful isn't it. I was thinking she deserved a punishment. Don't you?" Irma said a wicked grin on her face. Walburga's face paled yet she stated nothing. 

"Poll," Athena said wearily, looking at the small girl. 

"Stay out of this blood traitor. This has nothing to do with you" she hissed, glaring at the woman next to her husband. 

"Don't speak to her like that" Pollux sneered, bringing the younger girl close to him. Irma almost turned a horrible shade of red, a frown plastered on her face permanently. 

"Walburga, Pollux" she hissed. 

"Punish her however you want" he dismissed, turning back to Athena, who looked at him upfronted. 

"That's your child," she said to him, a confused look on her face. 

"She'll be fine" he reassured. 

"Pol-"

"She's fine" he stated, before handing Alphard to her who immediately fawned for her attention. Athena happily complied, cooing over the small child in her arms. 

Walburga glared at the woman. This mystery woman had her father wrapped around his finger, this woman who had his constant attention. Walburga decided that very moment that the woman, Athena, was the worst type of woman alive and she wanted her dead. 

The evening slowly withered away and Pollux soon had to leave. Gathering the rest of his company, he started to leave the great hall before he was stopped by Athena, who had a frantic look in her eyes. 

"What's wrong darling?" he asked, smoothing her hair away.

"I- I" she stuttered out trying to form words.

"Pollux we must leave" Irma demanded. Pollux turned to glare at the woman but understood her words. 

"Take the kids, I'll meet you there" he commanded. 

"Pollu-"

"Now Irma" The woman left with a glare on her face and anger evident on her face. Walburga instantly knew she was going to take it out on her and her little brother and couldn't help more anger charging in her at Athena. 

"What's wrong darling? You can tell me" he whispered, stroking her hair. 

"I've got to go" she murmured, tears clogging up her vision.

"Calm down" he cooed, rubbing her back gently. Athena took a couple of deep breaths before glancing at the face she loved so much. 

"I have to disappear for a while?" she croaked. 

"Why?"  He questioned. 

"You know why" she whispered, hugging him close. 

Pollux froze. 

He knew this day was bound to happen but nothing prepared him for it. He loved Emery, whether it be romantically or fatherly. He sighed distastefully, kissing her on the forehead. 

"I'll see you again right?" he whispered. 

"I don't know" she cried, sobbing into his chest. Pollux wanted more than anything to hold her forever and never let go but he knew deep down that he couldn't. He held her close and whispered reassuring things into her ear. 

"Then I'll see you in another life" he proposed, rubbing her back in hopes of settling her cries. They held each other close until Pollux pulled away, dreading the next few moments. 

"I'll see you again," he said in despair, his eyes filled in sorrow. 

"I know" she sobbed. 

"I'll miss you" he sniffed. 

"I will too" she cried. 

"Bye Thena" he choked. 

"Bye Polly" she whimpered. 

Athena apparated on the spot far away from Scottland and the home to a man she regretfully cared about. She cried all the way into the arms of her brother who held her and told her how much he regretted what happened to her. 

Pollux returned home a new man, he was colder, darker. Irma was glad that Athena was gone because the pureblood man she knew returned the second that child disappeared. He went straight to his room and didn't come out for weeks, the only person allowed to enter was his 3-year-old son, who had no clue what was going on. 

That was the day the Pollux Black Athena knew died and in his place was the Pollux Black that ruled the pureblood world. 

The Pollux Black Athena worked so hard to destroy. 

And the Pollux Black that Athena loved. 

Was gone.