•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 8

𝚁𝚞𝚕𝚎 № 8

𝕰𝖒𝖇𝖗𝖆𝖈𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖋𝖑𝖆𝖜𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖇𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖚𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖜𝖍𝖔 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖞 𝖆𝖗𝖊

 (tw: mentions of death)

Summer, 1896.

"Y/N ?" -The sweet voice of Diana Barry entered girl's ears, who was buried in a thick layer of shrubs, the empty bottle of alcoholic beverage next to her, weakly opening her eyes to observe the situation. The girl's right hand travelled around her forehead, rubbing it gently, trying to stop the sensation of throbbing in her head but miserably failing. Letting out a loud sigh, Y/N looked over the place, struggling to gather some clues about her current condition, patting her palms all over the place, looking for something, but not having a zero thought of what. After enough attempts she gave up on searching and helped herself to get up, but something caught her attention from the corner of her eye. Stretching her hand to the direction, she found herself holding an empty glass bottle, taking it up to her nose, sniffing it and putting it away. 

" Y/N Edy? " - The different voice was now speaking from distance, taking steps forward to Y/N who sat there, her head hidden by her palms, shaking her head nervously. Diana turned her head to see her mother walking aggressively towards girls' direction, her left hand grabbing the hat, right hand lifting the dress up, revealing her expensive tall lace-up brown leather boots. 

"What in the name of mighty God are you doing here..." - The woman checked the young lady out again, glanced at her daughter with an unpleasant look and continued. "In our shrubs with that...uhm" - pointing at the bottle, but soon she gasped in realization and put on an irritated yet, surprised look on her face. " Your behavior Miss Edy is quite disappointing and unbelievably unethical." - She exhaled and looked at Diana with worried eyes. " How come, I've never thought about your friendship with my beloved and sweet daughter Diana! If only I could've imagined how bad influence you would have on her! The amount of disrespect you just put on your family's name is nerve-racking. I thought you were well-mannered young lady but today's incident proved me otherwise! " - Y/N sat there in shame, not being able to look up at the woman. 

" I've made a decision which of course... Hard for me to make, but this will be the best for my daughter and her future reputation." - Mrs. Barry glanced at the girl who was standing next to her and took her one hand with loving manner. " Y/N Edy, I want you to cut any interaction with my daughter and her family." - These words caused Y/N to look up faster than ever, Diana turned her head to the girl with sorrow in her eyes. 

" No mother please! There is no need to do this"

" She is no good for you Diana! How can you be so blind my darling! I want the best for you, I love you and I'm pretty sure you'll thank me, your mother for getting rid of this hell of a woman"- She pulled Diana closer to her chest but the girl hesitated. At those words Y/N got up in rush, having a dizzy feeling, the girl tried to pull herself together and spoke up: " So I am a hell of a woman now huh? " - She yelled at Elza Barry who now looked like a lunatic. She loosened her grip on Diana's arms and took a step forward to Y/N who looked angrier than ever, yet terrified of her friend's mother.