one

she let a groan slip past her lips as she kept banging her head softly against the wooden desk. her head is killing her, had she known that hangover would be this bad, she wouldn't have drank- okay, maybe she still would have, but that's besides the point.

"..."

the blond looked down at her with worry, although it wasn't clearly displayed on his face, not to anyone who doesn't know him at least. he raised a hand and ruffled her hair gently to gain her attention.

"my head hurts, jay!" she whined, turning her head to look at her blond seat mate while animated tears rolled down her cheeks. he could only smile at her, taking a mental note of asking the school nurse for some painkillers at recess and have her drink soup.

jay swore he listened while she went on complaining about how her head hurts and what happened the night before and how much fun she had, but as she was talking, he failed to catch himself from zoning out.

she looked adorable, irresistibly cute really. her face flushed, her forehead was red from all the slamming down against her table. her cheeks puffed in annoyance, eyebrows knitted together. he couldn't stop the smile that tugged at his lips.

"yah, are you happy that i'm in pain?" she asked, noticing the smile he directed at her. however, due to throbbing in her head, she failed to discern that the smile was of fondness and not because he finds her situation funny.

with a really audible gasp and a look of incredulity on her face, she sat up straight- much to her dismay since her head tortured her some more at the sudden action. she raised an accusing finger at jay who looked at her confused while her other hand caressed her temple.

"you sadistic little shit!" she exclaimed, causing the blond to cock his head to the side as his shoulders slumped. no use in making her understand when she's too engrossed in pain.

"..."

she looked at him suspiciously with squinted eyes before allowing herself to fall forward, leaning her head against his shoulder. she heaved out a sigh as she made herself comfortable. her hands grasped jay's right forearm, with her head bowed, her hair fell and served as curtains that hid her face. all this while jay tried to process the weight of her head on his shoulder and the warmth that seeped from her hands. a light shade of vermilion dusted his cheeks, but she failed to notice them as she was too engrossed in making herself comfortable against him.

"the teacher is here!" the announcement stirred the female awake, jay watched as she raised her head. she looked dazed and lost as their eyes met, it was clear that she almost, if not at all, fell asleep. she looked stupidly cute, mary mother of jesus, look at that natural pout on her lips.

she turned her head to look at the said teacher, he had an uninterested look on his face as he made an announcement of having a transferee, or whatever, she didn't really listen all that much anymore. she once again laid her head on her table, she can't even understand if she wanted to. his words were barely registering in her hazy mind.

all she knows is that there's a sudden uproar as her classmates erupted into a series of whispers, is it even whispers if she can hear them quite clearly? something about someone being handsome, or whatever.

the class began and she didn't fight off the drowsiness that engulfed her. she lost sleep due to all the partying she did last night, pair that with a hangover, not a very delightful combination.

"daniel? hi, i'm zoe." a beautiful girl with short dark hair said, coming to welcome the transfer student who was beyond nervous, what with him being seated beside the guy that beat him up- well, his other body, but still.