III. Lovestruck

Chapter Three
Josephine

"My love, are you sure you want to go? There's nothing wrong with waiting here. I'll leave one of the Dora's to keep you company and—"

"I'm coming, Zy. End of discussion," Livy gives him a sharp look through the reflection of the mirror she stands in front of, her hands busy tying her hair back into a braid. "I am the queen of Wakanda, I have an obligation to be present at United Nations meetings and other important events."

"Yes, but you're also due any day now." Zy points out, his eyes glancing down to her pregnant stomach.

"I'll be fine, I promise. Our baby girl is not coming right now," with her hair done she turns around and walks over towards where Zy glowers near our hotel room's window, bringing her hands up to cup his face. He relaxes under her touch and locks eyes with her, there's so much concern and love in his gaze that I feel the urge to look away. "No matter what is going on with me I will be there by your side as your best friend, your wife, and your queen. This is nonnegotiable."

Despite himself, Zy smirks, leaning forward to kiss her gently. "Yes, my love."

With that settled, Livy turns to me. "Before we leave, do you need help picking out an outfit for your date?"

I feel myself blush. "It's not a date."

Zy chuckles, striding over to the mirror to adjust his panther claw necklace and his suit sleeves. "It's totally a date."

"Tessa totally like you, and you totally like them. Everyone can see how you two feel about each other, the question is why are you in denial?"

I narrow my eyes at those familiar words. "Very funny."

Livy gives me a proud smirk. "And very true. You pestered me once about my feelings for Zy and look how well that turned out," she gestures to her stomach for emphasis. "Stop being afraid and tell them how you feel."

I know there's no point in arguing with her when she's using my own words against me, so I yield and ask her sweetly: "So you'll help me find an outfit?"

Livy smiles wide in victory. "It would be my pleasure."

-

I meet Tess at this really good pizza place downtown. I first came here with Daniel during one of my early visits with him. The pizza is utterly to die for and thankfully Tess shares my love of junk food.

Just another thing to add to the list of reasons why they're perfect.

We're sitting at a table near the window now, a half eaten cheese pizza in between us as we continue our debate about book titles.

"Alright, how about 'All For One'?" Tess suggests as she takes another piece.

"How could you think that's better than 'Divided We Fall'?"

Tess lets out a pondering hum that oozes sarcasm. "Huh, maybe because I work in publishing and I know what will sell."

"Weren't you the one that told me that this book will sell no matter what because of who I am?"

"Yes, but do you really want your name and family to be your only selling point."

"No...fine. I like that title."

Tess swallows their bite of pizza and then grins. "Is that defeat I hear?" She cups their ears and gestures for me to repeat myself.

I roll my eyes but indulge them. "I like the title. You win."