Chapter 4

Back in Madagascar~

Brooke noticed things were a lot quieter now as the lemur clan were pretty miserable after Julien took their gifts. She turned noticing Santa sitting by himself looking sad. 

Brooke slowly approached Santa, asking him. "Hey... You okay?" 

The usually jolly old man with a white bread and red suit sighed. "I feel awful"

"That that rotten heartless stinker Julien took everyone's gifts?" Brooke asked. 

"Well, that's partly it..." Santa replied. "Actually it's because he doesn't see what this holiday is really all about" 

Brooke looked to Santa for a few seconds, thinking before she decided. "Come on, let's go talk to him" 

Brooke and Santa went looking for Julien, soon finding him alone in the crashed plane in his mound of presents looking surprisingly depressed... even for Julien. 

Santa appeared in the doorway with Brooke behind him. "Um... King Julien?" 

The dramatic lemur king turned around seeing he had visitors. "Hello. Haven't you heard of knocking? I could have been naked in here" 

"Yeah, seeing how you're only wearing fur" Brooke muttered while rolling her eyes. 

Santa came in, apologizing to Julien about earlier. "I'm sorry if I ruined your Julianuary"

The ring-tailed lemur king hung his head. "I don't understand. I have all the presents. Why do I feel so empty inside?" 

"Gee, I don't know. Maybe it's because you're selfish and cruel and don't think of anyone but yourself!... And you're an idiot!" Brooke stated a bit angrily, glaring towards the selfish idiot lemur king. 

Santa then told Julien back when they were giving presents to everyone it felt pretty good. Santa then got an idea and took a toy airplane from the pile, handing it to Julien. 

"Hey! Why don't you give one to your girlfriend Amelia over there. I bet she'd like it" He suggested. 

"No, she's not my girlfriend" Julien refused. "I don't want to" 

"Come on, you big bug-eyed rat. We'll keep bothering you until you do" Brooke told Julien, hiding a smirk. 

"Ok, fine, I'll do it! Keep your chubby hands off" Julien said before giving the gift to the skeleton of the plane's pilot. "Here, Amelia. Merry Julianuary"

Julien thought this wasn't going to change anything but soon noticed something different. "Look at the smile on Amelia" He noticed. 

The egocentric lemur king suddenly had a strange new feeling come over him, realizing. "Making her feel good makes me feel good. Kind of warm and tingly on the inside... Like pinworms!" 

Brooke and Santa gave odd looks to the lemur king. Julien now had the solution to his problem. 

"Come, fat man!" Julien told Santa. "We must share with the world what I have discovered!" He said, not realizing he had fallen straight out of the plane. 

In Greenland, the gang had just left their last house finishing all of their deliveries

"That was it" David panted, as the Akids climbed out of the chimney. "The very last gift" 

The animals had to agree, glad it was finally over. 

"We did it" Marty said. "Every single present delivered and accounted for" 

"Let's see the Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny try to do that" Brock smirked. 

"Well done, everyone" Kali was proud of all her friends, knowing they deserved a reward. "Time to go home" 

"Goodbye, empty bags. Hello, new..." Marty was about to say before suddenly groaning. "No!"

"What's wrong, Marty?" Ann asked the zebra. 

"There's still a few left in this one!" Marty replied, showing them one more bag filled with presents. 

The gang groaned in response to that. "The jingle bell, candy caning madness will never end!" Cynthia had crazy in her eye as she pulled on her hair, about to lose it. 

"No. No!" Alex took the bag of presents. "No more! I'll throw it in the river. It'll be like we never saw them" 

"Oh, give me that" Gloria snatched the bag from him before taking a look inside to see who the presents were for. 

"Wait..." Gloria realized. "They're for us" 

"What?" The gang was surprised. 

Gloria handed each of her friends a present. "Melman. Marty. Elsie. Alex. And me!" 

The animals each opened their gifts from Santa. 

"No way! Candied yams from Sylvia's!" Marty said before opening the box. "And they're still hot!"

Gloria opened her present next. "An inflatable hippo pool. And chlorine!" She beamed before sniffing the pail filled with chlorine. "Oh, yeah. That's the stuff" 

"Dr. Maneesh's neck massager!" Melman exclaimed joyfully, opening his present. 

Elise then opened her present before she gasped with a smile. "My very own spa kit!" 

The Akids smiled watching their animal friends enjoying their gifts. 

"What'd you get, Alex?" The kids and animals soon asked their lion friend. 

Alex soon unwrapped his present, revealing to be a snow globe of New York City. 

"Snow falling down on my beautiful city" Alex said as he couldn't believe it. "How did he know?" 

The Akids smiled. "That's why Santa's Santa" Brock said. 

"The big man's got some talent" Marty commented. 

"But we can't leave him back there dancing around with that bump on his head" Alex said. "We gotta go back and help him" 

"Plus, Brooke is still there too" Ann mentioned her best friend. "We can't just leave her behind"

"Skipper, status report?" Teeders asked the penguin. 

"Well, the good news is there's enough sparkly stuff to get us back to Madagascar" Skipper replied. 

"Is there bad news?" David asked nervously. 

"There's only enough to get to Madagascar" Skipper frowned. 

"Oh... Well this has just turned problematic" Cynthia said with a slight frown. 

"So it's Madagascar" Elsie started. "Or..." 

"Home?" Melman said but sounded uncertain. 

The gang thought what they were going to do as they were faced with a tough decision. Alex got the final call but didn't know what to decide until Kali looked to the lion, telling him. 

"You know what we have to do..."