Chapter 9: The Vampire's Jealous Friend

Start from the beginning

"No, you are my friend!" Abbey retorted. "I'm so sorry!"

"Hmph, I don't think you really mean that."

A presence crept closer to us from the side. Most likely Teresa's. However, I couldn't ignore the sight in front of me. If I wasn't so stupid...If I didn't wish to meet humans like I wanted...Sharon and Abbey wouldn't be having this...

Unable to contain my despair, a tear rolled down my cheek.

"I think..." Sharon attempted to speak.

"Sniff," I uncontrollably cried. The tears wouldn't quit falling down my cheeks. "I'm so sorry...."

"...No," Sharon sniffled. "I-I'm sorry...." She also began to cry. "I-I didn't mean to...I'm sorry, Abbey, I still want us to be friends."

"Wah," Abbey began crying. "I do too!"

"Well, I'm glad I didn't have to interrupt you three," sounded Teresa. "If either of you three feel the need to talk, I can help you talk it out then." With a smile, she walked off. I returned her smile before facing the other two.

"It's my fault," Sharon announced. "I didn't mean to burst like that...."

"It's okay!" Abbey cheerfully stated before hugging Sharon. "I know you didn't mean it."

Sharon faced me, "I'm really sorry, Viki. I didn't mean to get you involved. You've been a good friend to us...So I'm sorry again."

I gave a smile back, "I'm fine! Happy that it wasn't something I caused."

Sharon shook her head, "No, it was me. I'm sorry for making you feel like that. But I think I know how to solve this."

"How?" Abbey questioned.

Sharon gave an innocent grin, "That's a secret!"

With the recent struggle behind us, the two girls cuddled right up to me during naptime.

"We can share, Viki, right?" questioned Sharon.

"Of course, we can!" Abbey answered.

"Haha," I giggled. "I'm happy you two are my friends, but I don't think I can fall asleep like this."

"Haha," Both the girls giggled along.

Their earlier squabble had me worried, but I felt content knowing it wasn't my fault. Phew, I thought it might've been how different I was—being a vampire and all. Even though they don't know that, it has bothered me just how different we are. They know many things that I have been entirely unaware of. I'd bet they'd be shocked if I shared some of my own details...

Smiling to myself with hidden knowledge, I closed my eyes, ready to slumber.

Here I was, in line once again for receiving a diaper change. Ever since my first wet bed, this line had become a regular occurrence for me. However, I have been enchanted with the protection this diaper brought me.

"Hey Viki," sounded a familiar voice. Yes, this reoccurring line I stood in had no differences. Yet, a voice that sounded out of place found its way in.

"Hm?" I questioned in my head. Turning around, face-to-face, with a blushing Sharon. "Wha?!" However, this wasn't the same Sharon. As this Sharon, carried her blanket and bedding—and a wet pair of shorts! "Sharon, are you okay?"