10-The Figure.

The sun was setting down slowly, sending the last sun rays on the quiet calm garden where a girl was sitting still on a swing

The sun was setting down slowly, sending the last sun rays on the quiet calm garden where a girl was sitting still on a swing. Those sun rays made their way to the girl's almost golden wavy long hair, making it shimmers like fine threads of gold. The girl's hair was tied up with a white satin ribbon matching her long-sleeved white dress.

The familiar sound of chords started to echo through the garden. I tilted my head a little, hoping to be able to see more of the girl or maybe the instrument she was playing that I knew by heart it was a violin. I could only see a glimpse of her side. Her eyes were closed as she was absorbed in the piece she was playing, her chin was rested on her violin that was supported by her shoulder. Her other hand was holding the bow as if her life depends on it. Her body was swaying with the notes.

I wanted to approach the girl as I was fascinated by her passion and talent. Just before I take a step toward her, my eyes caught a boy who was standing at the far end of the garden behind a tree. He was watching the girl being immersed in her own world. The mesmerized look on his face said it all.

I giggled to myself at the cute scene of those teenagers. I kept watching the boy who was debating himself on whether to take a step or not. Honestly, I was cheering for him inside of me. After he had his time, I saw him stepping out of the shadows to approach the girl. Once his face met the sun, my jaw dropped.

How come he looks that familiar? How come he looks like him that much?

The boy's hesitant steps took him to the girl who was unaware of the scene changing around her. The boy stood to her left, waiting for her to end her piece, not wanting to interrupt her. He looked down to his fingers that were fiddling with nothing. My eyes were still fixed on the boy with confusion.

The sound of silence dragged my attention to the girl. She was done with her practice and that was when the boy cleared his throat, making the girl flinch before she turns to face him.

"Hello." He said shyly.

The girl turned completely, not only to face the stranger but also to make me gasp in shock.

My words were trapped inside my throat. My body refused to move. My feet felt like they were stepping on bubbles that were swallowing me. I saw the teenagers talking but I couldn't hear their words. Instead, I was hearing the nagging sound of my alarm echoing through my ears.

What time is it? Why is my alarm going off now?

I blinked a few times. Slowly, the scene in front of my eyes became hazy and blurred. Few more blinks and the scene was completely different. It was just.. ceiling. My bedroom's ceiling.

For once my body wasn't that heavy. I quickly lifted my upper body up to be sitting upright. I looked right and left before I turn around. It was really my room. My not-so-awake brain cells took their time in getting that it was a dream.

What a dream!

When finally my brain made it, I jumped to my feet out of bed and ran up to the mirror by the vanity table. My hands moved up to my face to check it. Strangely, the girl in my dream was the young me. Again, strangely, that scene was never something I experienced before. That dream wasn't an old memory of mine. The me in the dream was much younger than the me now which made me feel puzzled.