ch.3

_________________________________

Lia sat at her desk fiddling with her green switchblade waiting for the professor to start the lecture, that was until a hand grabbed it out of her hand.

"Planning on hurting someone with this?" Jeno laughed, pointing it at her.

She sighed, reaching for it only for him to pull it back. Annoyed for the third time that morning she stood up, turning him around, grabbing the switchblade in the process and holding it to his neck.

"Woah calm down princess." Jeno laughed nervously, holding his hands up in defense.

"You can have your little toy." He glanced at her as she pulled away before taking a seat in the chair in front of her as their professor coughed starting to take attendance.

".. lee jeno?" The professor looked up to which the boy just nodded in response.

".. lee ayva? Ayva l-"

"Its lia." She spoke up, not having heard anyone call her that in months and she honestly wanted to keep it that way.

The professor simply nodded, making a note of it and continuing on with attendance.

Jeno scoffed, turning around in his seat with his elbows on her desk. "so, ayva."

"it's lia" she glared at him who simply waved her off.

"Have you always been- what's the word? An attention whore?"

Lia rolled her eyes, pushing his arms off her table. "Have you always been so- annoying?" She stared at him. "Don't answer that, 'asshole'" She mocked the word 'asshole' with a smile the same way she heard it from his argument earlier that morning.

"this 'asshole' didnt leave school and change their name. so why lia?"

"why do you care?" she questioned wanting for him to leave her alone already.

"the little princess disappeared and came back a little darker."

Lia scoffed. "turn around and pay attention."

"after you tell me." jeno smirked seeing the annoyance on her face.

"li for lee and a for a-ayva" she stuttered. "so it's lee-a but i like to spell it lia."  (pronounced like lee-uh)

"why the change."

"why do you keep talking?" she sighed picking up her pencil.

Jeno chuckled. "that pencil isn't going to hurt me."

"it's not just a pencil." she twisted the bottom of it to reveal the hidden switchblade before covering it again.

"wow who hurt you?"

"shut up"

-

As the day came to an end the girl's mood finally went up a bit, she didn't have to be in that shitbox of a school any longer and she so desperately just wanted a nap.

"Is that ayva?"
"She looks so different."
"I saw her come in with haechan earlier."
"Yeah, she even rides a motorcycle now."

It's lia and who the fuck is haechan? Ugh, can everyone shut up! The whispers continued like this all day and she hated it. Hearing her phone ring she was quick to answer it, anything to distract her from the ongoing whispers she heard everywhere.

"I'm dropping out." she groaned after hearing taeyong's voice greet her.

"No you're not. Get donghyuck, Johnny got a lead. I'll have taeil send you the info."

Lia froze on the spot, still processing that there was a possible lead. There hadn't been one in weeks.

" And wear your fucking helmet please." Taeyong added before hanging up. The girl shook her head at his last comment before taking off to look for donghyuck.