Pup

Year 3 pt 3

Sirius mentally kicked himself. He had forgotten about the moon cycle, so of course Moony would transform that night when they've finally caught the villain. Of bloody course.

He didn't know how to react at first. However, seeing the werewolf, he just reacted.

"Get Snivellous back to the castle! I'll handle him!" He shouted to the kids before transforming. He hadn't noticed his kid shrink her want down and transform until a small red fox stood next to him in front of the werewolf. A howl drew the wolf back, but the animagi followed.

Remus seemed to be able to get ahold of himself after a few moments, due to the wolfsbane potion from Snape. This was a relief. Sirius made a mental note to scold Phoebe later about the danger she put herself in. The two lead the werewolf to the shrieking shack, the older of the two transforming to lock him in. It went much smoother than anything else that evening.

"Now, pup, don't get yourself into trouble." He scolded. "Go back to the castle. I have to find Harry. I forgot about the dementors."

The small fox nodded once before scampering off. She found Snape, now revived, waiting by the castle entrance. There was no way the small fox could sneak passed him, was there?

She could still try.

She snuck through the bushes, eventually coming to the side entrance, and made an attempt to squeeze passed him. He moved his leg to block her.

"My classroom, Miss Black, now."

Faye growled at him, which made him raise his eyebrows. The small fox let out a sigh and followed the Professor through the empty corridors.

-

After she transformed back, the scolding began.

"You illegally became an animagus. You snuck out. You put your life in danger. You assisted a known criminal. Miss Black, are you aware of the sheer idiocy you have shown tonight?!" His voice raised steadily as he spoke.

"Did Harry and Hermione get Pettigrew?" Faye questioned.

"I was revived by Madam Pomfrey after Weasley brought me back here. He is still injured, might I add. I had thought to tell the truth and out you all, mind you, but I insisted I had been supervising detention where Weasley had gone too far into the forest, run into Pettigrew, and was stunned. He must have escaped your friends, but they know he is alive. Your welcome." Snape spoke bitterly.

"You didn't tell them about me?" Faye was shocked. She felt a little bad for Snape.

"I had half the mind, but no, I did not."

"Why?"

"I owe your mother my life, Miss Black, it's the least I could do. However, if you have any more slip ups, I may have you come clean to Dumbledore." Snape threatened.

"I'll try not to, Professor. I was only there to find out what my cousin and friends get up to. When I saw Ron get dragged into the shack, I panicked and just reacted." Faye spoke honestly without outting Sirius as an animagus.

"Are you injured?" Snape questioned.

"I healed most of my injuries myself. My ribs still hurt a bit, but nothing warrenting a-"

Severus caught the red haired child before she could hit the ground as he saw her lose consciousness. He lifted her up, noting the small gash on the back of her head she had not noticed, no doubt when she was thrown by Black. He carried her to the hospital wing, only to see the three troublemakers there as well. So, they had been found.