Prologue - The Perfect Human in a Fantasy World

Start from the beginning

"I'll pass, I've already read that book. I agree with you in that it is interesting," Ayanokouji replied.

Ayanokouji could remember the synopsis of the book perfectly when he read it some years ago.

In this book, we follow the misadventures of college student Devin Jones, who is starting a passing job at Joyland Park. He is trying to get on with his life, getting money, paying for college, and trying to forget about his breakup. However, in this new place, the only thing he will get is a big dose of suspense in his life.

In that park, years ago, a little girl was murdered, and legend has it that the poor girl's spirit still haunts the ghost train. The murderer is still lurking, and the girl's soul needs to rest.

So, with the help of a mysterious boy with supernatural gifts, Devin will have a tense and electrifying journey ahead of him.

"I think I'd better get some books to read too," he stood up and went to the shelves to get a book. After he had chosen a book he returned to his seat next to Hiyori and began to read his book in silence.

He and Hiyori had been reading their respective books in silence for quite some time. However, at some point in that silence Hiyori spoke to him.

"...Hey, Ayanokouji-kun."

"Yes?" It was strange that she would soon pull up a subject just as she was reading the book. Normally she would finish her book first and let him finish his as well.

But her book was quite long and it seemed that she was only halfway through. It would probably take her some time to finish the book.

She didn't speak again for a few seconds, making it clear to him that she was thinking her next words over carefully, but even then she seemed hesitant to ask what she wanted to ask. However, she soon asked him about it.

"The reason Ryuuen-kun and the others came back in that injured state the other day, you are responsible for that...?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Ryuuen-kun said that he and the others had some disagreements and fought with him, resulting in those bruises they all had. Ryuuen-kun was the most injured," she explained. "But even so, I can't help but think that there's something wrong with the way he did it. Ryuuen-kun even wanted to quit school..."

Ayanokouji was still looking at his book with the same expressionless face as always. He had one hand resting on his head. It didn't take long for him to answer her.

"I think it's unlikely that I had anything to do with it. You see, they had a fight, right? If I were next to them, I'd clearly have several injuries, after all it's impossible for me to come out uninjured against such monsters as Ryuuen and Albert. I'm also not the type who could hit someone. I probably couldn't hurt even a fly..."

"I see... yes, that's right," Hiyori replied with a smile. "I should already imagine that Ayanokouji-kun is not bad enough to punch someone's face."

Well, even if she were to find out about anything about this incident, it was just him saying his favorite words that were infallible: "It was Horikita's plan."

After that, a new silence settled down. Some time later, Hiyori said goodbye to Ayanokouji with a smile on her face as she finished her book, leaving Ayanokouji alone to finish his book. After he finished his book, he put it away and prepared to leave the library with his hands in his pockets, until he heard a sound.

Looking in the direction of the sound, he saw that a book had fallen off the shelf. He started to walk to the book while taking his hands out of his pockets. When he got close he crouched down and picked up the book while looking at the cover and the title of the book with some curiosity.