Chapter 12

Evelyn's POV:

Evelyn's POV:

Isla had invited Mia, Skye, and me to a games night that André was hosting with two of his best friends. Mia was obviously excited about going, but when I asked Skye, it took a little persuasion from both of us to persuade her to come. Because almost everyone had previously been, Isla decided that we would have the games night in our apartment.

I'm glad Isla is trying to expand her social circle; her most recent words were, "I've got a job, a home, a best friend for a sister, and a potential husband; any friend at this point is a bonus."

When I arrived home from college, Isla had practically barked a list of instructions at me, which were basically all chores I needed to complete to make sure the house was 'presentable' for our guests. I've never seen my sister act like this before; she must really be eager to impress André's friends, which I think is pretty sweet.

The start of this college week sucked but after talking to Skye and Mia on Thursday, I now felt a lot better and realised that Raven had probably acted on a drunk desire that night and realised what she had done trying to establish some distance between the two of us. Which I now understood and respected, obviously it slightly hurt, but I wouldn't bother to let her see that.

We were back to giving each other pleasant smiles today, with me cracking the occasional joke during class, which earned a few laughs from the entire class. Avoiding the Saturday situation is proving to be more difficult than I had anticipated; trying to concentrate on anything other than the beautiful brown-haired goddess throughout class is proving to be challenging.

- Troubled Trio -

Eve - Hey, are you almost here?

Skye - I'm running late. Be there in about 10.

Mia - I'm outside, I think you both might want to brace yourselves.

Skye - What, why?

Eve - Urm, Mia?

Skye - You can't just leave us like that!

Mia - Just wait until the door opens, Eve.

Mia - Wait until you get here, Skye.

Skye - Major side eye dude!

I ended the conversation there, and just as I was about to ask Isla to go open the door, someone knocked. André and his two friends had agreed to meet up with Isla at 7:30 p.m., and I told Mia and Skye to aim for the same time. Isla leapt to her feet and hurried to the door, almost tripping on her slippers next to the couch, causing me to stifle a laugh, but she styled it out with a low "shut up" directed at me.

I watched as she opened the door and hugged André, covering my view of the other guests; however, I did notice a small hand waving at me from behind André, which I recognised as Mia.