01| SCREW YOU SARAH FIER

tw : mentions of death & panic attacks, cursing

ANYA DAVIS NEVER believed in the stories or rumors going around in shadyside; she never believed in the "witch." not until today, as she stared at the TV screen, seeing people accusing her friend of killing her best friend. Ryan would never do that; this was the doing of someone else, someone evil. and that someone is none other than sarah fier.

i mean, who else could it be? unless ryan was framed, he would never kill heather; he wouldn't even hurt her, not in a million years, not even if an evil witch possessed him.

a sob escaped her mouth as she curled up into a ball on her bed. it just now hit her: heather watkins is dead. she's pinched herself a million times, convinced it's all a dream and she'll wake up any minute. her tears continued flowing down her face as she let out another sob. sure, she had her other friends, kate, deena, and simon, but heather was her best friend, her other half; they had known each other since they were in diapers; they were sisters at that point.

her sadness quickly turned into anger; gosh, she couldn't wait to die and go to hell just so she could have a not-so-friendly chat with sarah fier.

"are you sure you want to go to school today?" anya's sister, jessie, asked as she parked the car in front of the school. "yeah," anya said, nodding. "you can skip school, you know... your absence would be excused anyway," jessie said, frowning at her sister's sad expression. "no, it's alright. i'll go to school." anya forced out a smile, grabbing her backpack, "bye, jess."

anya walked through the crowed hallway, maintaining eye contact with the ground, gosh she was really regretting going to school, she should've just listened to her sister.

she quickened her pace, walking to her locker. as she opened it, she tried her best to ignore the photos and letters on heather's locker beside her. she felt a presences beside her, turning to her left she saw deena johnson, one of her friends, the girl sent her a small smile which she returned.

anya and deena were probably the closest out of the four in their group. they had known each other since they were kids and had been best friends ever since then.

deena was the only person (aside from heather) who really knew anya, she knows when anya is about to have a panic attack by the way her breathing picks up and the way she fidgets with her 
hands, she knows how anya feels without her having to say anything.

to say that deena adored the girl is an understatement, she treated anya like she was her little sister despite only being four months older.

the silence between the two broke as a voice came up behind them, "you see? its the witch." it was kate schmidt. "sarah fier's back." she smirked, anya rolled her eyes at the girls statement. "oh christ not you too." deena groaned.

the cheerleader laughed as she pulled anya and deena into the girls bathroom, as they walked in they saw the bathroom stalls spray painted with words that were from the sarah fier poem, "my gosh." anya sighed.

"she reaches from beyond the grave to make good men her wicked slaves." kate said in a creepy voice. 

"she'll take your blood!" someone from behind one of the stalls suddenly screamed, causing anya to jump. "simon!" deena gasped.

"she'll take your head. she'll follow you until you're dead!" the boy continued, wrapping her hands around anya's shoulders as the girl walked over to the sink, placing her bag down.

"wow! you guys are dicks." deena said as she looked over to the brown haired girl who was still shaken up from simon scaring them, gently rubbing the girl's back. "it's just fun." kate smiled.

"its sick." anya scoffed, causing the cheerleader's smile to fall, "what? the dude was wearing a halloween skull mask!" the blond smiled, "how is that not fun."

"people died." deena said, taking her jacket off, "heather died." anya added. "the dude was probably just some sad sack who hated his life, like the rest of us, except he decided, 'hey, why don't i get out of her for good?' and 'hey, why don't i take heather and a couple other mall rats with me?'". simon and kate fell silent as deena continued.

"there's no angry dead witch that made him go postal, the only thing that made him go crazy is this town!" deena finished. i mean sure there's a small possibility that a crazy evil witch from three hundred years comes back every once in a while to poses teenagers was crazy but still, anya knew ryan, he wouldn't do that.

"are you okay?" kate asked. "yeah, im fine." deena sighed.

"seems like.. maybe you got a little witch in you." simon joked, making kate let out a laugh. "dude, why are you even here? this is the girls' bathroom." anya rolled her eyes, being friends with simon was like being friends with an eleven year old.

simon smiled, walking back into the stall and reaching for something from the vent. he brought back a white box, "candy store." he said, placing the box down. anya stared at the box curiously, "what's that for?" anya asked the boy, "oh, the box? its for deena." simon answered.

"you know we don't believe this witch shit, right?" kate told deena while she was fixing her hair tie, "it's just, like, fucked-up santa claus or something.". "ho ho ho." the blond imitated, which made anya let out a small chuckle.

anya sighed as she turned back, looking at her self in the mirror, fixing her hair, listening to the two girls conversation. she saw deena hand a box over to kate, "what's this?" kate asked. "i need you  to give this to sam tonight." deena said.

"yeah uh-uh. no way." kate declined, "come on, kate!" the girl begged, "no way, deena. i am not getting mixed up in your ex drama. do it yourself."

"i'm not going to the game. i quit band." said deena, placing the box down. "since when?", "since who gives a shit!"

"was band the only extracurricular you had left?" kate asked, deena nodding in response, "you still have your band uniform, right? just wear that shit one last time." kate said picking up the white box, "i've got something that'll give you the balls to face sam." the girl smirked, opening up the box, revealing some drugs and a grey hoodie.

"drugs?" anya questioned. "what? you're dealing again?" deena sighed like a disappointed mother.

"i thought you stop after simon's brother OD'd." anya said, "timothy?" simon stood up. "wh..uh.. timmy wasn't a real OD. he didn't actually die, they brought him back." kate smiled, looking at simon who imitated how they brought his brother back, "ja-jing!"

"you're both morons." deena said before turning to look at anya, who was getting her backpack from the sink. "please?" she asked, holding out the shoebox that she wants to give to sam, "yeah, nope.. sorry deena." anya said before the four of them exited the bathroom.

"i'm getting out of here. off to claim my place among the stars, bitch." kate said as they walked out.

they suddenly heard some screaming, "woo! the witch lives! long live sarah fier! woo!" a guy who anya was pretty sure she sits next to in english, ran around the hallway, dragging around a mannequin. "yeah!" simon, kate, and the other students laughed.

anya hated this school more than anything, she knew some sick fucks were gonna do this, she hates how they're turning this whole situation into a joke.

SIM SPEAKS !

this is pretty short im sorry

i do not know how to end chapters