Chapter 24||Crème De La Crème

Start from the beginning

I wonder, who will it be?

A smile makes its way unto my lips when I think of the torture I could put them through.

Electrocution maybe? Power saw?

Just small price snitches can pay for betrayal, aren't I right?

This other route still has cattle on fields of grass, which are closer and I realize that we are significantly further than we were before.

"Whoever that was... " The clicking of Jerald's fingers against the keyboard resumes.

"... Is catching on to us, and rapidly at that." Jacob finishes.

Sean and I exchange glances briefly and I know what that means.

This has Markov written all over it.

"X--" Before Jerald could finish, the vehicle abruptly thrust forward sending the needle well over 130.

"Gosh, man! " Jerald dramatically slaps a hand on his chest.

I check the rearview mirror moments later, there was no one behind us. "Aand was here!" Jerald exclaims.

An old, deteriorated house comes into view, set in the middle of a huge plot of land, the surrounding area well manicured. The car stops with a slight screech and I make sure to check the surrounding area before carefully exiting the car.

I take a glance behind me to catch X shoving a gun in a holster around his waist, Jerald typing something on his phone, and Sean just stalking behind.

We approach the building with it appearing more similar to that of an old shelter, as we neared the porch. Seemingly some pale, old wooden planks, I take careful steps toward the old rusty door, making sure to stay close to the wall, to avoid being seen from the inside.

I gesture for X and the others to stand guard in the surrounding areas. Before I am even given the chance to think of opening the door, I glance over at Sean, who just instinctively tosses me an M16 rifle.

I caught it perfectly before quietly opening the door, the old thing slowly opening with a soft creaking. Inside was pitch black, I stepped inside, trying to feel for a light switch.

The room is quiet until I heard the sound of a glass being put on a table. My hand catches what feels like a light switch and in an instant, the whole room is filled with pale white light. A loud cackle then invades the quiet space and suddenly I feel my breath hitch.

It was him.

"You finally made it son." He flashed a psychotic smile. His teeth were stained red.

*****

"Ladies and gentlemen, we've arrived in the beautiful city of Kazan, Russia. We advise that you..." I was awoken by the announcement of our arrival. I take a glance at my wristwatch to see that it is 12:05 p.m.

"Great, you're up." I turn my head to the side only to catch Ezekiel smirking at me. I instantly feel my face heat up. With that, I decide it's best to hide my face, so I hang my head low while getting up to grab my luggage from the overhead carriage.

I desperately try to haul out my luggage without letting anything fall out. In one swift move, large, muscular hands engulf mine. My heart stops.

"It's fine, I got this." He breathed out casually.

"But I had it you know, I'm not a baby. " I counter to redeem myself.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." He rolls his eyes putting my luggage down at my feet. He then grabs my hand and places it on the handle of my suitcase.

"Baby." He smirks then swiftly heads out to the exit, leaving me speechless and confused. Not before long, I snap out of it and quickly pull myself together as I exit the plane, slowly descending the staircase. All the while Ezekiel stood from below, his eyes seemingly stalking my every movement.

Meanwhile, I take in the breathtaking view of the surrounding area. Although we were miles away from the dull, concreted runway, I could faintly see how the city seemed so alive and buzzing. There were a lot of tall, glass buildings around.

Suddenly, I was very excited to explore the place. I wondered if any of these places could lead me to find where Jacob was. I find a discrete area away from anyone else as I quickly take my phone out and punch in his number.

It goes straight to voicemail.

"Ugh, I can't believe you," I say under my breath.

"What? ex-boyfriend?" He's suddenly right beside me. Inches away from me.

I quickly drag my phone away from his view. The audacity.

"It's none of your business." I spat, anger stirring up within me by the second. I don't even know this guy and he just forces me on the plane with him. Then acts like he has the right to act like were cool. On top of that, I doubt I'll be able to track down Jacob at this rate.

"Oh, but Baby, it is." He looks down at me, his eyes darken a bit and his lips curl into a mischievous smirk.

***

A/N: Hey guys, I'm back after such a long while, but thank you so much for your understanding. Love y'all! Hope y'all enjoy this one! ❤❤

If you like u can leave a vote and comment your fav parts.

That's all folks! Stay safe as always.

-killerbeanqxeen