I crawled to the door, where Tenshi had been waiting for two minutes because that's how long it took to gain the motivation to move. I swung the door open, greeted by a very angry looking Tenshi—but then again, when is she not—and a sympathetic Marley. "Hi," I groaned, the sound of my voice making my headache a hundred times worse.

"Hi," Marley smiled.

"What happened with Ryder?" Tenshi got straight to the point.

I sighed, leading them up to my bedroom so I could at least lay down. I didn't want to tell her any of it, I didn't want to give her the details. I knew what she'd say. We made it to my room, in which I fell face first onto my bed, Tenshi insisting to know what happened. Fine. "I kissed his brother, Ryder broke up with me."

Tenshi paced around the room, interrogating me like this was a crime scene. "Well did he seem upset about it? Did it look like he lost?"

It looked like I'd just torn his heart right out of his chest. "No."

"What do you mean no?" She whipped around. "He had to have lost, I mean I heard what he said. He lost."

"He didn't lose."

Tenshi wouldn't drop the subject. "Are you certain, because he could have lied?"

"I'm sure."

"But how can you know for sure?" She was so desperate for Ryder to be hurt that she didn't even bother to think about anything else.

"I just do, okay!"

"You can't possibly know for sure."

"I lost!" I practically shouted at her. "Okay? I lost. That's why Ryder couldn't have possibly lost because I beat him to it." I was in love with him, and he never wanted to see me again.

Tenshi's face went completely blank as she just stared at me. I buried my head in my pillow. "Oh sweetie," Marley whispered.

Tenshi continued her trek around my room as if thinking of some way to play this in her favor. "Does he know?"

Well, considering I kissed his brother, I'm gonna go with no. "I don't think so."

She nodded. "Good. Then he never needs to know. As far as he's concerned, he lost, he's the only one that's suffering."

He's suffering because of me, because of what I did. "I'm gonna tell him." He should at least know, so he knows that it wasn't just a game to me. I needed him to know that, even if it was just a game to him like he said.

Marley rubbed my back, voicing her silent support.

"You can't tell him!" Tenshi shot back. "He can't know."

"Why not?" Let me guess, she's afraid it'll ease his pain which she was enjoying oh so much.

"Because, you don't need him," she tried a new tactic. "You don't need him. What does he have anyway? Some good looks and an attractive voice?"

A great personality, a sense of humor, a lovely smile....must I go on? "I'm gonna tell him."

"Why must you? It's Ryder Adams. Your feelings will fade with time. He is rude and reckless and spiteful—"