We're having a December wedding

Start from the beginning

As we start eating I hear the front door open and close. A few seconds later Josh walks into the kitchen. We make eye contact as soon as he steps into the kitchen but I quickly look away from him. I look down at my food taking one of the fries off my plate.

"Sorry to interrupt." Josh says. "You weren't interrupting." Sophia smiles. Josh smiles back at her then walks over to the fridge. I hear him grab a water bottle than close the fridge. I look up at Sophia and Cooper not looking at Josh. Cooper gives me a small smile when he sees me look at him. Josh walks out of the kitchen not saying anything else.

"Are you okay?" Sophia asks me. "I guess." I shrug forcing a small smile. We continue to eat our food and talk about what they're planning for their wedding.

"December is like 4 months away." I tell them. "I know but we don't want a big fancy wedding. We decided on something intimate and small." Sophia says. "Looks like we have a lot of work to do then." I tell them.

"So you'll help us plan it?" Cooper asks me. "Of course you're both my best friends I'd be happy to help." I tell them. "That leads me to my next question. Brooklyn will you be my maid of honor?" Sophia asks me.

"I would love to be your maid of honor." I smile at her. She pulls me into a hug bursting into tears. "Stop, if you cry I'm going to cry." I tell her hugging her tight.

"Im sorry the pregnancy has my emotions all over the place." She says pulling away then wiping her tears. I look over at Cooper when I hear him sniffle. "Are you crying Coop?" I raise an eyebrow. "No. It's the onion in the burger." He says.

I laugh softly getting up and hugging him. "What if I wanted you to me my best woman?" He asks. "Is that why you're crying?" Sophia laughs.

"I'm not crying shut up." He says hugging me back. I chuckle softly letting go of him. "If thats what you want I can take on both roles. Don't worry about that. It's you're wedding you tell me what you want and I'll do it."

"That's a lot of pressure on you Little B. I don't want to put all that plus the planning on you. I'll go with my second option." He says.

"Are you sure? I don't mind the pressure." I tell him. "I'm sure." He nods. "Okay." I nod. "I do want to ask you a big favor for the day of the wedding though." He says.

"You're more than my best friend. I see you as my little sister Brooklyn and I would love it if you could dance with me when it's time to dance the mother and groom dance." He says looking at me. My eyes start to water while I nod. "Of course Coop. Count on me to dance with you." I tell him.

We start to plan a few small things for the wedding while we wait for everyone to get home. Once everyone is home Cooper, Sophia, and I walk into the living room.

"House meeting!" Cooper yells. All the boys slowly arrive one by one to the living room and sit down on the couches. Sophia looks at me when Josh walks in. I nod at her letting her know I'm okay when he sits down.

"We have  something to tell you guys." Cooper says as I sit down on the floor next to them. "Sophia is pregnant." He says. All the guys congratulate both of them when they hear the news.

"Thats not all. Sophia and I are engaged." He adds. "Are you engaged because you're pregnant?" Troy asks. I grab the pillow Nick has on his lap since he's sitting down on the bean bag chair next to me then throw the pillow at Troy.

"No." Sophia chuckles. "Cooper and I decided it was time to take that next step in our lives." She adds. "We're also getting married in December. We decided on a winter wedding and it's perfect because Sophia doesn't want to be showing for our wedding. She doesn't want people to bomb her with questions." Cooper says.

"Brooklyn is going to be my maid of honor and she's also helping us plan the wedding." Sophia says. "Whose going to be your best man?" Nick asks Cooper. "Well Brooklyn is already taken and I think it wouldn't be fair to choose just one of you. I don't think I can choose only one so I want all of you to be my best men." Cooper answers.

"This is going to be a different type of wedding." Sophia laughs. "Glad to know we come in second place." Bryce jokes. "I love you guys." Cooper says. "So what do you guys say?" He asks the boys.

"Yes" Nick is the first one to respond. "Of course." Bryce answers next. "Duh" Oliver yells. "Hell yeah." Troy nods. Everyone including me looks at Josh. "You know I can't say no to that." Josh answers. The look on Coopers face makes me smile. "We're having a December wedding." Oliver yells causing all of us to laugh.

We spend the rest of the afternoon talking about Cooper's and Sophia's wedding. For a couple of hours I forget about what's going on in my life right now. I just enjoy the moment having fun with everyone.

Josh and I have small conversations here and there but we mostly just stare at each other. We catch each others eyes often throughout the night. After dinner Sophia goes home. Bryce and I are cleaning up the kitchen while the rest of the boys are setting up a movie in the living room. When we're done in the kitchen Bryce and I walk into the living room.

I lay down on the giant bean bag chair that's in the living room while the guys sit or lay down on the couches and blankets on the floor. We watch Step up 2,3, and 4. After the four movie I feel myself start to get tried. "Alright I think we've had enough for tonight. Brooklyn needs to rest." Bryce says getting up.

I haven't told them about the nightmares or that I haven't been sleeping yet so I shake my head. "I'm fine." I tell them. "You can barley keep your eyes open Bee." Bryce chuckles. I sigh softly nodding. "Fine let's go to bed." I say getting up from the bean bag. "Goodnight guys." I tell them. "Night Brooklyn." The boys all say.

I walk up the stairs heading to my room. I close the door after turning on the lap on my night stand. I change into my pajamas then lay down while turning in the tv.I turn off the lamp as I scroll through Netflix trying to find something to watch. I finally decide on a movie so I get comfortable.

My eyes get heavy so I try to go to sleep leaving the tv on. My eyes start to fight the sleep and open back up after I close them. I toss and turn for the next hour and a half trying to go to sleep.

I turn on my side, turn so that I'm facing the wall or ceiling, turn onto my stomach but nothing seems to work. My mind and body won't let me fall asleep. I finally manage to stop fighting and fall asleep leaving the tv on hoping I'm able to get some sleep tonight.