Her only option was Mason's clothes.

She opened the bathroom, surprised to see that Mason had switched on the lamp on his bedside table, bathing in the dim light. He ditched his shirt at some point. His colourful gaze found her quickly. He took in her lack of clothes, "You must be cold."

She was the complete opposite.

The lamplight was doing incredible things for his abdominal muscles. It didn't help that he was perched against the headboard, watching her with those bewitching eyes.

"Can I borrow a shirt or something please?" She forced the words from her throat.

"Choose anything you want." He gestured to his closet.

Angelina went across the room and tugged open the first door. She felt his gaze follow.

She took the first article of clothing she could reach and pulled it out. It was a simple denim blue crew shirt. She dropped her dirty clothes to the floor and pulled on the shirt, keeping the towel locked firmly around her. When she pulled the hem down, it ended halfway down her thigh. She got rid of the towel and bundled her old clothes and towel together, placing it in an empty plastic basket.

Turning back to the bed, she was surprised to see that Mason no longer looked tired. He was wide awake and taking in every inch of her body outlined in his shirt.

Angelina crawled under the covers, hugging a pillow to her chest. Mason peered down at her. "Ready to go back to sleep?"

She nodded.

Mason switched off the lamp and she felt him move. When he was flat on his back, he didn't make a move to close the gap.

Angelina studied the shadows across the ceilings from the trees outside, cast from the light of the moon.

Despite how many times she closed her eyes and tried to sleep, she simply couldn't.

She had already slept for too long.

Beside her, she felt Mason move again.

It wasn't that she couldn't just find sleep. Mason's closeness was affecting her. She was aware of every breath he breathed, to every little shift he took as he too struggled to find sleep.

Whenever she shared a bed with Mason, she had always been in an emotional mess to the point she was completely drained to appreciate Mason fully.

For the first time, her head was clear.

The problem was, she was feeling all sorts of things for the man beside her.

She was at risk of jumping him.

She turned to her side, facing away so she didn't get any ideas and squeezed her eyes shut.

More minutes passed until it suddenly became unbearable trying to feign sleep.

She was horny.

She suddenly shot up from the bed, rolling off the mattress.

Usually if a need arose, she would pamper and dress herself up and find the closest bar to find someone to help satiate her lust.

But now, she was vulnerable.

Mason was out of the bed too. When she glanced back at him, his naked chest moved rapidly with each breath he sucked in. His elbow was planted against the wall, as he hunched slightly forward, holding his hip on the other side.

Judging by the bulge in his sweatpants, she wasn't the only one affected by their proximity.

The threads of green and amber in his eyes held her captive as she tried soothing her own rapid breathing pace. "I need to go."