Episode 21: A Spark of Hope

LET'S CATCH YOU UP TO SPEED...

"Yo. I'm Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog. A student at UA, on my journey toward becoming a hero. Last time, Aizawa and I split up to cover more of the island, and found a bunch of badniks transforming the island into part of Eggman's Empire. Looks to me like Eggman's trying to turn the entire island into some kinda mega fortress. Eggman and his goons tried to take me out, but I beat them easily as usual. Now that creep's on the run, so I'll follow him to his base and shut him down for good! There's nothing he can through at me that I can't bust through!"

After defeating Robotnik and his goons, Sonic moves onward, following after the mad doctor, now running through a lush jungle area, still being guarded by Badniks.

Sonic: Man, looks like the further I go, the more of you show up! Guess that means I'm headed in the right direction.

Sonic makes his way through the jungle, destroying any badniks in his way. Sonic speeds through the badniks hordes and makes his way to a seemingly open and unguarded clearing area.

Sonic: Huh. This place looks like Eggman hasn't even touched it... which is kinda suspicious, considering I just boosted through entire hordes. Something's up...

As Sonic is taking a look around, he notices several red glowing dots appear on his chest and hears some subtle whirring noises. He looks down, and dodges out of the way, as several laser blasts are fired at him. Sonic lands and sees a bunch of glowing eyes in the distance. From the bushes, a fleet of several new, sleek-looking robots with 2 cannons on each arm appear and take aim at Sonic once again. Each of these robots is red and white with a yellow hood and the designation E-1000 printed on their top left panel.

 Each of these robots is red and white with a yellow hood and the designation E-1000 printed on their top left panel

Sonic: Oh! These guys are new! Lemme show you how things work 'round here!

The sniper robots take aim at Sonic once more, as he runs around them at high speeds, causing them to target, shoot, and destroy each other instead of the Blue Blur. Sonic hops onto one of the bots, aiming its arm cannons at the others until all of them are turned to scrap.

Sonic: Nice try Egghead, but you can't sneak up on me. Another victory for the fastest thing alive!

He notices that the sun begins to set and nightfall will soon be upon him.

Sonic: Hmm... it's getting kinda late... maybe I should have gone back to Mr. Aizawa... Nah, who am I kidding? I've stopped Eggman before and I'll just do it again. There's nothing he can throw at me that I can't wreck! Just gotta keep moving forward.

As Sonic continues to run through the jungle, he stops and reaches a clearing. Just beyond where he stands, a long tunnel can be seen that connects to a gigantic fortress with the Robotnik Empire's logo everywhere and a tower with Eggman's face on it.