17

Next Day.

Kairi began to whine in her sleep, making Kenadi open her eyes

"Morning time mami?" Kenadi smiled, and Kairi nodded, rubbing her eye.

Kenadi slid from under Dave, letting Kairi take her to the bathroom.

Kenadi looked under the counter, finding a pack of unopened toothbrushes.

Kenadi sat Kairi on the counter, and Kairi grabbed her pink toothbrush, and she helped her put the kid toothpaste on it.

They both brushed their teeth, before Kenadi picked her back up.

"We didn't even eat dinner last night." Kenadi chuckled, hearing her own stomach growl.

She walked in the kitchen, seeing Doris cooking.

"Sorry we missed dinner." Kenadi said as her and Kairi approached.

"Oh girl it's fine. I'm making breakfast, but if you want last night's dinner, it's in the fridge." Doris smiled, and Kenadi nodded, putting Kairi down.

Kai began to whine, and Kenadi laughed as Doris shook her head.

"You got her spoiled already." Doris chuckled as Kenadi picked her back up.

Kenadi felt arms snake around her waist, before Dave kissed the side of her face.

"Hey Cairo." Kenadi turned her head, pecking his lips and he smiled.

"Serene put her grown ass down." David chuckled, and Kairi mugged him as Kenadi sat at the table with her on her lap.

"No." Kairi told Dave, and he rolled his eyes.

"Kai ion know what you finna do cause we leaving soon." Dave bucked at her, and Kairi frowned.

"No." Kairi hugged around Kenadi's neck, and she looked up at Dave.

"Can we take her with us?" Kenadi asked, and he shook his head.

"No. I got work baby." Dave chuckled, standing next to her.

"I don't. She can stay with me. Or I can stay here with her?" Kenadi looked at Doris.

"You can do either or chile. Don't listen to his big ass." Doris popped Dave's neck making him wince.

"You wanna come with me mami?" Kenadi looked down at Kairi, who nodded.

"Can she come Cairo?" Kenadi slight pouted, looking up at him.

"Yeah, fine Serene." Dave waved them off and Kenadi smiled.

"I already packed her a bag. I needed a break anyways hell." Doris shook her head, placing a plate down for Kenadi and Kairi in front of them.

"Ma you ain't been worried bout me this whole time. Where my plate at?" Dave frowned, and Doris waved him off.

"You grown. Make your own shit." Doris said, and Kenadi laughed as Dave rolled his eyes.