Prologue

I might have killed the king... by accident. At least that is what Yazia thought looking at the unmoving limp of human flesh in front of her feet. Hearing the war cries and heavy steps of angry soldiers coming closer, Yazia takes an untouched plate of hummus and some bread -that was previously in the hand of the now dead king- and bolts it. Hearing someone scream to kill the intruder, Yazia hastens her steps to make sure she gets the hell away.  

<>

Without looking at the terrified soldier standing in his way, Zarrar whips out his sword in a fast pace and slashes the soldiers head off with one smooth strike. The terrified and shocked gasps of the remaining soldiers who witnessed the effortless murder, reaches the man in question. The man stops his pace and looks around. His intense gold eyes that are blazing with fiery rage, slowly take in the scene around him. A dead king, a headless soldier and a dozen of terrified soldiers who are shaking on their feet. The fire in his eyes intensifies when he looked around one more time, searching for the one thing that might extinguish a fraction of his rage.

When he did not find what he is looking for, his gaze returns to the soldiers. Watching them one by one slowly, he makes sure that the rage he feels is reaching them. Considering their already pale complexion paling more than the corpses around them, he might have succeeded in that silent communication. The eerie silence is broken by Zarrars deep voice filled with restrained rage; 'Bring me the culprit.' Looking at each soldier again, he makes sure they understood the situation. 'If I don't receive his head within 12 hours...' He pauses. One soldiers knees give out and he drops to the ground. His comrade tries to help him up but fails. Zarrar continues. 'I will be sending you back to your families...... without a head.'