✦ один⼁The Red Kefta

Start from the beginning

Grishas, the word used solely for our kind, users of what most of us call small sciences and that was what made them so weak, our only weaknesses other than human nature.

Each and everyone of us was sorted into three different categories of Grisha. Materialki can manipulate materials such as steel, glass and chemicals. They were also known as Fabricators.

Etherealki are summoners, who can manipulate all the elements of nature including; Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Darkness and Light. Then there are the Corporalki who can control, manipulate and alter the human body.

Each of them is also given a selected Kefta, a clothing with colors to signify from which small sciences they can control. Blue for the Etherealki, with marks on their Kefta showing which element they can manipulate. Corporalki all sport a red Kefta, while the Materialki all wear purple ones.

There is one exception of course, the only one of his kind, one of the most powerful Grisha's in the entire second army. In fact he was our leader, our General: Kirigan, or as our enemies call him, The Darkling. He was the only shadow summoner in years and so he wears the black Kefta, designed specifically for him. 

Everyone and everything trembles when he's near, shadows following everywhere he goes, his aura screamed dominance and confidence. It was like he was born to lead us, he was stoic and mysterious, incredibly handsome and yet in his eyes all I saw was a lonely little boy filled with pain and so very tired. Not that I even dared to look into his dark obscure eyes, only just by glances, never face to face, they say the eyes are the windows to your soul, the only things that tell the truth and if I ever where to meet eyes with the General I'd be caught.

Thank Saints that I don't have many chances of that. One of the other rarest positions in the second army was a Tailor. They could modify and alter the body or one's appearance, they were as rare as the sun summoner but they were treated as slaves for the Royal family.

When I couldn't live in the woods any longer and living amongst the people would be too obvious, I decided to sneak into the Little Palace, with my powers it was relatively easy but I couldn't just stop using my gifts. The small sciences were like the air that humans breathe, the loss of not using your powers was too great and that was how many Druskelle, Shu or second army soldiers Identified who was a hidden Grisha.

When a Grisha stops using their powers, either by neglect, or by fear they're bodies would suffer the consequences. They would become weak, more tired, bangs under their eyes, they would simply look unhealthy.

So It would be too suspicious if I tried to infiltrate the Little Palace and become a servant. One of the things I could do with my gifts was restore and alter a person's features to look like what they were in their prime, however, since I never really saw the use for this power I did not have much practice, but practice enough to pass as a Tailor.