5. Closure

FOUR

Running away won't solve the problem

She just wants to shrink away from the blazing swirl of unpleasantness and guilt that's overpowering her body.

She knows it was such a shitty move of her.

But she has her reasons obviously.

When a tragedy strikes into your life, your mind turns foggy resulting in you making questionable decisions, sometimes things that you never imagined you would do, in this case, she completely ditched all of her friends and washed out the face of this world.

The winding hollow distaste of sickening memory is coming together and she feels like she's fifteen again.

All she wanted to do was curl up and cry at the memory.

A blotchy anger emotion is resurfacing that she has to whisper, in her mind, multicolored self-assurance that it happened five years ago and she is safe and happy now.

"You know what happened right?" she croaked out.

"No." He frowned and started to grow alarmed at how distraught she looked.

He pulled her chair closer to him and put his hand on the back of her chair. He slightly crouched down so he could see her face.

"Really?" She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

Does anyone not know what happened? Aren't they supposed to know?

"I don't know, Kara. You just left without any warning. We were so concerned because, at that moment, there was an increasing number of terrors in muggles and muggle-borns," Harry explained, and right after he finished talking, his face dropped as his heart clenched, starting to get the hang of it. "Something happened didn't it?"

She nodded weakly and swiftly wiped a tear away that she doubted Harry saw.

"Guess I bruised Bellatrix's ego when I accidentally knocked her over with a spell in the ministry that she decided to attack my dad," she said with a shaky breath.

"My mother and I went shopping for a while and when we got back, I saw my dad — with Bellatrix and a couple of guys. They broke into our house. I wasn't thinking and I didn't have my wand with me. Caught her off guard again when I threw her a knife."

"Wow," he whispered, both for what happened and what she did.

"They left before leaving their stupid dark mark," she scoffed. "They ruled dad's death as a heart attack but we know better. Mum also pestered me about everything in our world and I had no choice but to tell her about everything, including what happened in the ministry.

"Mum was so furious, so so furious. She said I was reckless and this isn't my fight to fight. Of course, I disagreed and told her this is my fight too but she said I'm a kid, which looking back now, she is right. We were kids, Harry. Running around in the ministry, fighting a terrorist group on our own. Every one of us could die that day.

"After dad's funeral, mum made an impulsive decision to move as far away as possible — Singapore. We sold our house too because it was too painful for us and mum completely banned me from the wizarding world. For a while, she felt guilty for allowing me to go to Hogwarts."

"It's not her fault and even though you're not going to Hogwarts, the ministry still knows that you're a witch," Harry told her.

"Of course she knows that but at that time, she was so confused, angry, frustrated, worried."