Pt.28

Rue's POV

IT'S BEEN TWO hours and the boys are just now getting out of their 'meeting'.

To pass time, Me, Kaylee, and Aniyah sort of just explored all the rooms upstairs, after playing ten rounds of UNO, three rounds of go fish, and six rounds of charades. Yea, we were busy too.

Most of the rooms, were extra bedrooms, but their was one that looked like it was in use as of now. It was a girly looking room with pictures of a similar women I've seen somewhere before, hanging on the wall. I just can't put my foot on it.

I hear muffled footsteps coming from behind, I turn around to see Nadine standing the doorway,"We're leaving, get your stuff together," he demands. He do sent spare another glance before leaving.

"I'm sick of him," Aniyah whispers, "I've been taking orders from him, since we were Eight. And now, I'm still taking orders from him."

"Same." Kaylee says, "The only thing that keeps me from not murdering him, is the fact that he is soooo fine. Like girl- let me tell you how fun the sex was-"

"I just said I'm tired of him. Why would I want you to tell me even more about him." Aniyah groans.

I let out a little laugh, before making my way downstairs. I slip my shoes on and prepare myself for the cold.

Aniyah and Kaylee follow down not too long after. They put their shoes and coats on. Kaylee also puts a knit hat and knit gloves on.

I open the front door to be met with the cold air hitting my face. Aniyah and Kaylee walk to the limo, leaving me behind. I quickly follow them, but as I make it to the limo, a black BMW pulls in to the driveway.

The engine stops, and girl, around the same age as me, steps out. She has dirty blonde hair, blue eyes-at least from what I can see- and pale skin. Paler than mine.

This is the girl that was on those pictures.

I shrug it off and make my way into the limo. My body instantly heats up, making me sigh as I get more comfortable in my seat.

Aniyah and Diego were watching a movie together, as usual, Kaylee and Alex were talking about god knows what, and then there was me. I didn't have anyone.

I think Nadine is still inside, hopefully not murdering any other people.

About 15 minutes later, Nadine finally enters the limo, his nose and cheeks are red, probably from the cold, and he has a bit of snow in his hair.

He sits next to me and takes his coat off.
"Portaci a casa." Nadine says to the driver. The car pulls away from the curb and starts heading down the street.

Nadine's POV

We finally arrive home tired, grumpy, and hungry. We hadn't eaten anything today, besides breakfast, but breakfast was a Six hours ago.

"As soon as I get to my room, I'm taking a nap and never waking up." Aniyah joked as we got out of the car.

We're met with the warm comfy estate of my home as we step through the doors. It smells... good, like vanilla and honey?

Everyone besides me goes upstairs to their room. I hear multiple doors close, letting me know that everyone's done for the night.

Good.

I take my coat off and hang it up on the rack. My fingers unbutton the top of my dress shirt until it's opened halfway, revealing a few of my tattoos.

Ivan refused to tell me the rest of the story, which makes me think that he was lying. My parents are still missing, and he's over here making it seem like they're the bad guys.

My parents are cruel, I'll give them that.

I walk up the carpeted, making my way to my bedroom.

Rue's door is cracked open slightly, letting a dim light pass through.

"Tesoro?" Almost immediately after I said that, I hear stumbling and then the door opens to reveal a freckled face and red hair.

"Oh, hey," She says opening the door a little wider for me to walk in. I enter and take a seat on her bed as she closes her door.

She looks tired, the clothes she was wearing earlier are now replaced with a dark, green oversized shirt, paired with a black shorts that I can only see when she lifts her arms, causing her shirt to rise up. Her hair is down and is a curly mess.

"Your tired." I said. She looks at me for a split second before looking away.

"I can't sleep." She briefly says.

"Why not," I ask. She sits down, keeping a few feet between us.

"Before we left, I saw a girl outside. She had dirty blonde hair, and if I can remember, she had blue eyes." Rue fiddles with her hands, and bounces her knee, up and down, "I feel like I know her. Or she just looks familiar."

"You don't know her," I say.

"How would you know that?" She asks, looking up at me.

"That woman you saw earlier, is Ivan's daughter." I answer. Confusion crosses her face as she looks at me blankly.

"I didn't know he had a daughter." She looks down at her hands that are laying in her lap.

Rue is probably going through a lot right now. I've just been wrapped up in my own shit to comfort her, "You should get some sleep," I go to stand up, but I feel her hand catch my wrist before I can leave. I turn around and see her looking up at me.

"I'm tired. But not in the way you think" she whispers, "I'm tired of being here. I'm tired of being apart of all of this. I can't even think sometimes, because thoughts of people coming and killing me in my sleep, interrupt them. I don't want to be alone." She finishes. I see a small tear escape her eye. Without knowing what I'm doing, my thumb comes up and swipes the tear away. Her eyes look up at me, and for a few seconds, all we're doing is looking at each other.

"Let's go somewhere." I say and grab her hand, pulling her up from the bed.

She sniffles and wipes her cheeks, "Where are we going?" She asks.

"You'll see."