𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐖𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 - 𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐘 𝐁.

Song imagine: Somewhere only we know by KeaneCINDYXREADERgrab ur tissues my loves x

CINDYXREADER
grab ur tissues my loves x

YOUR POV:

'I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete'

I walked to my usual spot, where i'd relax and think about everything i had done or things that needed to be done, or the place i'd go with my girlfriend, Cindy Berman, whenever i wanted too. It was always amazing, our nights alone together. No judgement or disruptions...

'Oh simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin'

The sad thing is, i've been coming to our spot alone for months now, ever since the tragic accident at Camp Nightwing, where Cindy was slashed to death with an axe...by Tommy Slater, her best friend. It's lonely whenever i come here now, the presence of my girlfriend was no longer around...I decided to get up and walk around, just to remind myself of what Cindy and I would do together.

'I came across a fallen tree
I felt the branches of it looking at me
Is this the place we used to love?
Is this the place that I've been dreaming of?'

I came across a tree, it was the same tree Me, Cindy and her sister, Ziggy, had built a swing on when we were 7 years old. Now it was broken, fallen, snapped in half laying on the ground. It felt like the branches were looking at me, each memory of young Cindy and i placed on each one, faint laughter of young us playing in my head.

It was the tree where we shared our first kiss, where we confessed to each other, where Ziggy would tease us 24/7...where we finally grew to love each other. Her death seems like a nightmare I can't escape, the dreams i have of her are ones i dont want to escape.

'Oh simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin'

Sometimes, i feel like I've escaped my nightmare, constantly calling Ziggy asking if Cindy was truly gone, but its just me being stupid, im getting older now, im going delusional. I sometimes think Cindy's still here, but shes not. Its still tiring, thinking shes here when shes not...where do i even begin my life again without her?

And i know the answer to that...
I cant. I cant begin my life again...not with anyone else. I need Cindy, shes gone but i need her, i want her. And living without her presence in the world..tears me apart- bit by bit.
I'll always love Cindy Berman. Even when gone...