Most times I dread seeing her and tonight was one of those times. I was not sure how Matt would take her personality. But I sure hoped for the best.

"Ready?" I turned and faced Matt and gave him a smile. Although things were a little weird between him and I, I actually found myself caring for his whereabouts. I cared for his feelings and if he would be safe or not.

He nodded towards me. "I'm as ready as I've ever been," he stated nonchalantly.

I'm surprised he was taking this really well, seeing as the way I described my grandmother, anyone would quickly back down from this dinner.

"I'll get Jamie out her car seat." He volunteered and stepped out the car.

I silently thanked him in my head, knowing that I was way too tired to hold her around in my arms. I jumped out the vehicle and dug in the backseat to grab my bag. Once i was finished, I locked the doors and Matt, Jamie and I all began heading towards the entrance of the restaurant.

The lights around the name of the restaurant were super bright and vivid.

When I got to the front, a lady smiled at me and looked at Matt and Jamie. "Table for two? And your daughter too?"

I shook my head. "No, this is my sister and a friend. I was actually looking for my mother and grandmother." Even thought the lady got her information wrong, I couldn't blame her. From an outsiders point of view, it would seem as if Matt and I were together and Jamie was our fourteen month old baby.

The lady cheeks flushed as embarrassment ran across her face. "My apologies." She said. She looked down at the paper that she had in a leather black folded back folder. "You must be Jessica. Your mom and grandmother are waiting for you. Let me take you to your table."

I nodded towards her and began to follow her. From my left, I could see Matt playing around with Jamie and the people in the restaurant didn't find any shame with gawking at him as if that was his child. But I will have to admit, He did look pretty sexy holding her and playing with her.

I closed my eyes quickly and cursed at myself for thinking such things. I needed to show to him that I didn't like him in any way. That would just boost up his already high ego.

"My, my, my. Look at my beautiful grand babies." I could hear my grandmother's fake tone as soon as I walked up to the table. She was a lady in her late fifties with blonde hair with stunning green eyes. She had the most tightest smile I could ever see a person pull. Her eyes shifted from Jamie and I and stared upon Matt as he pulled out my chair.

I thanked him and took Jamie from his arms. I watched as my grandmother stared at him curiously.

Matt stuck his hand out to her and said, "Good evening, I'm Matt. It's nice to meet you."

My grandmother stared at his outstretched hand and made a gagging face. She turned to my mother and said, "This is Matt?" She scolded. "You brougth this filthy deliquent to have dinner with us?!" Her voice began to rasie slightly. "Elizabeth, I thought I raised you better then to socialize with low scums. Where did you find this boy? On the side of the street?" My grandmother's words were malicious and shocked everyone.

Matt was frozen to his seat. My mother's mouth appeared very dry. And I, oh yes, I was shooting anger glares at my grandmother.

My mom stepped him. "How rude, mother? Have you no etiquette?"

"I will not entertain this, Elizabeth. I can't believe you brought this dog to eat with us."

Matt's eyes flashed anger and I knew his words wouldn't be respectful. "Excuse me, but who are you to judge me? You don't even know me!"

She waved her hand dismissively at him. "Silence, no one gave you the permission to speak to me."

My mouth hung as I took in everything that was happening. Matt clutched his fist tight under the table and I knew I just had to step in.

"How disrespectful can you be, grandma?" I caught everyone's attention with my loud, firm voice.

"Jessica, you should not be associating yourself with such street rats." She announced.

I could not take it anymore. All these years hearing all the shit my grandmother would say to people. Someone had to put her in her place. Someone had to show her that her rude behavior would cost her.

"You know what? Mom, I'm sorry to say this but I don't like grandma." I confessed to my mom then turned to my grandmother. "You are the most uncivilized, most rudest person I've ever met. The fact that you are judging a person based off their past or what you've heard is plain and utter bullshit. So what if he's been through some things? Haven't we all? You act as if you are superior to everyone just because you have money. Money does not buy happiness. You are just foul and mean. And no one will ever want to be around you if you continue along with this. And with that being said, I would like to excuse myself and Matt from this dinner. Have a wonderful night."

As I finished up my speech, I looked around to see that most eyes were focused on me. And slowly, people began to clap at my previous words.

A sly smiled came up to my face knowing that not only did I finally express myself to my grandmother, I also stood up for Matt.

After knowing about his past and what he went through, I didn't think it was funny or nice to pick on him and embarrass him by calling him names and attacking him. So there for if Matt could not eat with them, I would not be present either.

And that was just that.

Comment down below and vote. Let's get this chapter to 1,500 votes. Plssssssss. I love you all for getting this story to 1M views. The best day EVER! Follow me on instagram @uniquealexj.w !

I'm also so sorry for these short chapters. I just don't want to leave you all hanging so...... But yes, I do have exams and etc to take so I will be really busy but I hope once the summer comes, I can write longer, more detailed chapters.