Wanting, Needing

Zacznij od początku

"Where have you been, A-Ying?" Cangse Sanren scolded under soft sobs. "We thought you were captured."

"Aiya, mama. I'm so sorry for making you worry."

"It's alright, son. You're here. You're alive. And now, we can go home." Wei Ying's father said cheerfully.

Wei Ying released his hold on his dad and backed away from his parents slowly.

"A-Ying, what's wrong? Did they do something to you? Did they threaten you? Do they know who you are?" His mother's frightened words sent pricks of pain through his heart.

"No no no!" he replied, pulling her into another full hug. "It's just......"

"You don't have to fight him, Wuxian. We can just leave. No one will know." Wei Changze explained plainly.

"I can't." Wei Ying answered, looking down at his mother, the one who would understand him just by looking into his eyes. "I don't know why, but my heart is telling me I have to go through with this. Please, stay hidden until it's over. I've got this!"

He looked between his parents and saw the approval he needed to see in their soft gazes. When his mother's arms glided away, Wei Ying felt their loss.

"I love you both. I'll see you soon. I promise."

He smiled his little boy smile, kissed them both on their chilled cheeks, and ran towards the sound of the growing crowd.

***************************************************

Wei Ying walked onto the field, his feet bouncing in rhythm with his heart. He looked around for his parents and found them keeping to the back of the immense crowd. He gave them a pressed smile before turning to Hanguang-jun. The man was breathtaking. And Wei Ying was ready for him.

"Are we going to stand around all day, or are we going to get to it?" Wei Ying bellowed.

He was tired of waiting. His body hummed with excitement. His sword was also humming with its master's anticipation to clash swords with a blade worthy of his skill. Wei Ying fidgeted from side to side, swinging Suibian in an attempt to loosen his still cold muscles.

"Give it your best shot, Hanguang-jun!" he shouted gleefully. He had hoped to get a reaction out of the cold jade but when the other's face remained stoic, Wei Ying decided to have some fun to lighten the mood.

His eyes twinkled with deviousness. With a faint side grin, he puckered his full lips, brought his right hand up to his mouth, and blew the angry jade a kiss.

Got ya'!

Wei Ying couldn't miss Lan Wangji's crimson ears and a giggle tickled his throat. Lan Wangji's attack was blindingly quick, almost catching Wei Ying off guard. He could see the outrage building inside the young man. Each strike was powerful. Each jab aimed with exquisite precision.

Wei Ying's heart raced. His prayers had been answered. This stunning man was his match in every way. Their steps were those of a dangerous dance only they could hear the music to. Their graceful moves were those of two souls bound as one. The adrenaline coursing through Wei Ying's body set him on fire.

More.

He wanted more.

He NEEDED..........more!

When he found himself in Lan Wangji's unrelenting grip, Wei Ying inhaled the sandalwood aphrodisiac pouring off in waves from the jade's sweating body. His eyes focused on the pair of half open lips that lay directly across from his.

And he kissed them.

Hanguang-jun shoved Wei Ying away from him with his pure core energy sending the shocked trickster flying back through the air. Wei Ying landed with the agility of a cat a few feet away. He tasted the saltiness that he knew tainted his own mouth and licked his lips.

"You taste so sweet, Hanguang-jun." Wei Ying heckled.

The pissed off jade attacked without mercy. His powerful energy charging the air around him.  Wei Ying's eyes widened at the ferocity of Lan Wangji's blade. This was no longer a friendly match. With every slash of Hanguang-jun's sword, Wei Ying realized he was no match for a possessed Second Jade. His arms began to burn with fatigue and his legs lost their footing.

He looked over at Lan Wangji's brother, hoping to see a sign that he would stop the fight. But fear seized him when he realized Lan Xichen was no longer a future clan leader, but a man silently cheering his baby brother on to win.

To prove that no one was better. To crush the man who had brought shame to his precious little family.

Wei Ying gulped. He looked into Hanguang-jun's golden eyes now rimmed with rage. Until now, he had held back. He had wanted this fight to be about their skill. Not their power. But, if he wanted to live to see his parents again, Wei Ying had no choice. He just prayed that Lan Wangji would not sense the difference in his core compared to other cultivators.

Wei Ying glanced over at his parents whose faces were ghostly white. He gave them a soft smile and an unnoticeable nod. And they answered with ones of their own.

"Hanguang-jun." he said through clenched teeth. "I thought we were friends."

Lan Wangji growled at him and snarled, "Not.....friends. You're.......shameless!"

The jade barreled down on Wei Ying who tripped over a small rock on the ground and went stumbling to the ground. When Lan Wangji charged towards him, Wei Ying closed his eyes. That gave him the second he needed.

Hanguang-jun paused. He looked down at the man sitting on the ground who seemed to accept his fate so willingly. When Wei Ying opened his eyes, he saw those beautiful golden eyes widen with shock. He knew what the other man was seeing, his throat tightening in regret that their fight had to become something more. Something no longer based on technique and wit but of raw power.

Wei Ying leapt forward onto his feet and struck at Lan Wangji's chest with a deep jab of his sword. The jade blocked his attack but was obviously caught off guard. His swings were awkward and unsure which Wei Ying took full advantage of.

He let his unconventional energy flow through him, giving new life to his fight. His sword danced with Hanguang-jun's blade as sparks flew around them. Wei Ying could hear the crowd surrounding them cheering and gasping but held his power in check. He didn't need anyone knowing his "other" secret considering he still wasn't sure his first one was still his.

Their battle would be one for the ages. It would be something storytellers and songwriters passed down for ages to come. Every person present would tell future generations how they had witnessed the two most powerful cultivators of their time fight to a draw because neither one was willing to surrender.

Exhausted to the brink of collapse, both men stood gasping in the middle of the field.  Both too spent to raise their swords.

His hands on his knees, Wei Ying's body heaved as he took large gulps of air into his burning lungs. He glanced over at Lan Wangji and saw the jade was in the same condition he was. Sweat poured off their faces, drenching their hair and robes.

The crowd had fallen silent. Wei Ying heard footsteps approaching and realized it was time to go.

"Thank you, Hanguang-jun." he said and bowed deeply.

"For what?" Lan Wangji growled sharply.

Wei Ying moved closer until he was staring directly into the jade's golden orbs. He took in the sight before him one last time. Unshed tears glistened in his tired grey eyes.

"For being you."

Wei Ying turned his head to the side and placed a soft kiss on the youngest jade's lips, swiping his tongue along the thin space between them for a stolen taste. Pulling back, he smiled his bright bunny smile before running into the crowd that parted then closed behind him.