#17 | oiks & tsukki = jealous

* HI IMY ILY. pls trust the process bc tsukki will be back in his MC spot next chapter <3 *

[ third person ]

---

"Are you ready, [y/n]-chan?" Oikawa asked once more as he appeared in her doorway, casually glancing around her room that was messier than usual. He didn't mind it since it looked much cleaner than what he had seen before.

Turning around to face Oikawa, [y/n] plastered a smile on her face whilst chasing away the conversation she just had with Tsukishima.

"I'm ready. Let's go."

As they walked towards the park, she was rather quiet and a tad more unresponsive than usual. Her smile didn't meet her eyes, and Oikawa could feel a slight stiffness in her body whenever he made light touches on her arm. At first, he thought it was because he was pressuring her somehow or making her uncomfortable, but he quickly understood what was happening.

Her eyes would go hazy before she'd snap out of it and show some genuine interest in the conversation for a minute or two before she drifted back into the trance she was in. He could tell something was on her mind with the way she would constantly switch between focused and unfocused in a matter of moments.

"Are you okay? Did something happen between you and four eyes?" Oikawa asked as they sat down on the wooden park bench. He leaned back against the hard wood, resting his arm on the wood behind her back. She scooted towards him as she fixed her shorts, looking surprised that he noticed her behavior.

"Perhaps." She mused, finally reeling back into the conversation now that he had mentions what was truly on her mind. Though she did not want to completely disregard the question, she hoped she could somehow redirect the conversation. "Am I that easy to read?"

Oikawa chuckled and ran a hand through his chocolate brown hair. "Yes. It's written all over your face that something's bothering you."

At times like this, Oikawa seemed to get a thousand times hotter than he usually was. The sky contrasted his soft colored skin and the sunset complimented him perfectly. The shallow winds blew through his hair, forcing the brunette strands to sway back and forth in a calming manner. She could see just how handsome he truly was in this lighting, even if it was only his side profile.

"I just... I don't know what happened, to be honest. He's being a total ass now. We used to talk all the time and he suddenly started ignoring me a few weeks ago." [y/n] explained, sighing lightly.

"He's jealous." The older male said as he leaned towards [y/n], snickering lightly. She could feel her heart pound at the distance between their faces, prompting her to turn away with a shake of the head and a laugh.

"Jealous about what? There's nothing to be jealous about." She whined, turning back to Oikawa who had returned to his original spot with a slight smirk on his lips.

He wasn't stupid but rather intuitive when it came to things like this. He could feel the oozing jealousy that leaked from Tsukishima who lived next door to the girl that he was currently trying to court. It was especially clear to him since she said he had begun ignoring her a few weeks ago and just a few weeks ago, Oikawa and [y/n] had gone on their first date. Despite knowing everything just by a few hints, he chose to keep it to himself.

Wrapping an arm around her shoulders, he pulled her closer and squeezed her body lightly. "He's a guy. It's to be expected." The male joked. He felt a bit of satisfaction run through his bones when she laughed genuinely.