Chapter XXVII || Spy on her

>>> Updating after a long time enjoy ;) <<<

Shawn's P.O.V

"Who is it?"

"I said there's no one. So will you just let it go!" I hissed.

"Oh my god, my brother is in love." she screamed, gaining attention from a few people nearby.

"Shut up and sit down. I'm not in love, and in fact, she's my rival. I would rather marry a bigger bitch than Sophia but not her." I stressed.

"Oh, please. You can fool yourself, but you can't fool me. I know for a fact that she's going to make you a love sick puppy." she squealed in delight.

"You're never going to let this go are you?" I huffed.

"Nope. In fact, I'm sure the girls will be thrilled to hear about this. Oh not to mention Uncle Jack would surely be on cloud-nine. Poor man worries you'd always be a manwhore."

"I'm still a manwhore, and nothing has changed. I'll go grab something for us to drink." I basically ran so that she couldn't tease me further.

Valarie is a woman, dead set on destroying me. First, she tried to kick me out of the foundation I created, and now she is competing for the position of chief of surgery at the new hospital in new york. I could never fall in love with her when she's trying to ruin my career. Plus, the single life suits me, and she'd be the last person I'd be in a relationship with even if I wanted one.

I was grabbing a margarita for myself and a virgin mojito for Jas when I heard a familiar voice.

"One martini", Nathanial ordered.

"If you're looking for Jas she's at the table by the stage." I told him as I waited for the drinks.

"I know Dr Walker. But I'm actually here to talk to you." he said in a clipped tone.

"Me? If you're here to blackmail me to not see Jas again, it's not going to happen. You can't stop me from seeing my sister."

Jas told me he knew about my real father and when he tried to threaten her not to see me again. If he thinks Jas will listen to him, then he's clearly wrong.

Nate sighed and pulled out a file from beside him. He placed it in front of me and continued sipping on his martini.

I picked up the file and opened it making my eyes widen in shock. I went through the rest of the file as I couldn't believe its contents.

"This is impossible." I exclaimed.

"You have the evidence right in front of you Dr Walker and I know your smart enough to know that its true."

"Jas will be devastated if she finds out." I whispered. This will indeed be the last straw for her. She'll break completely if she ever knows about this.

"She'll never know. You and I share the same intentions here, Dr Walker, to keep Ms Winters alive no matter what. Without you're assistance, it will be difficult for me to keep her safe. If she constantly pulls stunts like she had pulled yesterday and today, her life will be in danger." he explained, his tone not wavering a bit.

"I understand. What do you need me to do?" I asked.

"You need to make sure to let me know where she is at all times. I have a team following her everywhere, but she tends to run away a lot."