Chapter XVIII || Who's the lucky bride to be?

>>> Extremely long chapter ahead<<<

Jasmine's P.O.V.

"How are you feeling Jasmine?"

Xavier walked into my room with a serious look on his face. I placed the book I was reading on the nightstand and sat up straight.

"Better, I guess. Just a little shocked from yesterday's events. I've never seen Anthony like that, and when he told me his real intentions, I felt like a fool." I admitted honestly.

"Listen, Jas. You shouldn't let his words get to you. He is a sick manipulating bastard who couldn't handle rejection. None of what he said was true. You are nothing like that." he tried convincing me.

"Don't worry it'd require more than a million Anthonys to break me." I gave him a weak smile.

Before he could say something, I continued.

"I'm thankful that you saved me yesterday, Xavier, but I find one thing very peculiar. No one except Vivian knew where I was meeting Anthony yesterday. But you seemed to know exactly where I was. You even had back up guessing those ten men were your bodyguards. Moreover you seem to know what he said to me but I didn't see you in the cafe. How did you know where I was and that I was in trouble? Even if you knew I was with Anthony, you didn't need ten men to take him out. Heck, you yourself would have been enough. So what were you doing there? What is Nathanial hiding from me, Xavier?" I interrogated.

Xavier chuckled at me with amusement.

"You know, when everyone told me you were really smart, I didn't take much heed. But now I see why they said that. Whatever I, Nate, or any of us do is to make sure you're safe. Nate might not show you that he cares, but he does. It would kill him if you ever get hurt. You need to trust us, Jas- I know it's a lot to ask, but please, everything we do is to protect you." he avoided my real question making me even more curious.

"Why do you need to keep me safe? Who are you trying to protect me from?" I asked curiously.

"You need to let this go, Jas. After all, curiosity killed the cat."

"But Satisfaction brought it back."

Xavier grinned at me and got up from his seat.

"You are a unique person Jasmine, and many people will want to harm you. You are like a sister to me, and so I will not let anyone - not even Nate - to hurt you anymore."

He leaned forward and kissed my forehead. Before leaving the room, he turned around and said: "Now forget all about this and enjoy yourself. You have a wedding to attend." and with that, he exited the room.

===============================================================

Currently, me and the girls were waiting for Alex to pick us up. After I told Irene I was horrible at planning parties, let alone weddings- she agreed to take care of everything except the wedding dress and jewellery. She said, I quote, "The wedding dress is one of the most significant things on your big day and it has to be the bride who chooses it."

Scarlett was impatiently tapping her foot while Vivian just stood beside her with an irritated expression. Kristen was unusually, really happy the past few days. She kept smiling and would often get lost in thought. Right now, she was constantly peeking towards the driveway, grinning like an idiot.

I walked to her and gently tapped her shoulder. She whipped her head towards me, and her eyes held a bit of disappointment like I wasn't the person she was expecting.