Chapter 3

YEAR 845

The Colossus Titan that suddenly appeared along with the Armored Titan destroyed everything as easily as it did the wall.

Subsequently, then Titan, having then been liberated  from 100 years of starvation, overran humanity once again.

Wall Maria was abandoned. And with a fifth of its population and a third of its land lost, mankind had its territory reduce to Wall Rose.

YEAR 850

5 years after joining the Cadets

The weather was cloudy and it was raining heavily, all the cadets who were training were running during the rain. And it makes it hard for all the cadets to run, especially, Cadet Armin.

"Too slow! Pick up the pace, you brats!" The Instructor Shadis yelled at the cadets that run slow. Shadis rode his horse next to the cadets.

The muddy and puddle on the ground was filled with heavy rain, making it difficult for all the cadets to run. 

"What's wrong, Arlert? You're falling behind!" Keith slowed his horse at Armin. "Can't handle the weight? Should you alone be unburdened?" Armin was breathing heavily and his lung was like on fire, feeling tired from running.

"If this were the real deal, you'd meat for the titans." Keith rode back to the front of the cadet far ahead, leaving Armin behind. [Name] who was next to Reiner, nodded to him to help Armin lift his stuff.

"Damn it." Armin cursed.

"Hand it over. At this rate, you'll joining the dropouts. Today's training is being graded." Reiner said to Armin.

"But if you do that, your score will get dropped too, Reiner."

"Make an effort not to get caught. Don't make me change my mind." Armin looked at Reiner tired. Reiner took the bag from Armin and helped him carry it and run ahead. Keith looked at them over the shoulder.

Reiner Braun. He has a robust physique and mental strength. His comrades also have great trust in him.

"I'd rather die than be a burden!" Armin run at Reiner and took back his bag that Reiner had brought and he sprinted slightly over the other cadets.

Armin Arlert. He lacks physical strength, but demonstrates prodigious aptitude in academics.

The sunny weather in the forest, changes place to training, the next training that the cadets will do is the training to cut the napes of the titan dummy. A moving titan dummy, Berthold, Annie and Jean are ready to cut the nape of the titan dummy. Annie and Berthold cut the dummy titan's nape deep but unfortunately for Jean, his wasn't that deep.

Annie Leonhart. Though he slashers are flawless, she's a lone wolf that has difficulty working with others except Cadet [Name]. They seem pretty close.

Berthold Hoover. He has exceedingly high potential, but his lacks assertiveness.

Jean Kirstein. His three dimensional maneuvers are top-class, but his hotheaded natures tend to cause discord.

"I'm no match for their slashing ability. I'll have to spot the titans first." Jean said to himself. 'I'm going to enlist in the Military Police Brigade!' Jean increases his speed and dodge the obstructing trees. When he passed the tree that was blocking earlier, he found the dummy titan and smirked.

"Thanks Jean! Following you was a good call!" Connie said to Jean, landing on a tree log and cut the nape of the dummy titan that Jean found but before he cuts, there is a girl that cut first.