Chapter 1

Sonali was bored, but she supposed that was the norm for her. Carlisle and his coven had the same predictable movements and after a while starting over grew boring. She hated it before her life was not as monotonous, yet this life made her mate quite happy. Or so he said, she watched as he got ready for school once more luckily this time she would not be attending as a student.

Sweden was a wonderful country and she felt bad for taking advantage of her connections here, but she refused to be a high school student again. Instead, she was going as a teacher's assistant. A genius who had graduated early and managed to get her Ph.D. in History and Political Science. Now she was going to be working in the school to see if she wanted to become a teacher. Or at least that is what her connections had said to get her the job.

Slowly she rose and walked downstairs and grabbed her bag when she heard Alice groan "Sonali that is not what I picked out for you" The woman gazed at the young seer and frowned. "Alice, I do not feel comfortable wearing what you picked out for me, kindly stop picking out my outfits if you can't respect my preferences." Alice stopped her pouting and looked at the floor out of all of them Sonali was the oldest and she did not baby them as Carlisle and Esme did.

Jasper walked over to Sonali and placed a soft kiss on her head "You look beautiful." the woman smiled at him. She wore a simple soft pink churidar with a matching kameez with silver embroidery her dupatta was carefully placed over her right shoulder. A nude pair of pumps were on her feet. He loved it much more than the clothing Alice picked for her while his mate looked gorgeous in everything, he preferred her in the clothing of that land she had called home.

Alice had to admit Sonali looked great but why did she hate Western clothing so much it was more comfortable and with the current times. Dressing as Sonali did would draw attention to them. Before the younger vampire could voice her thoughts, her mate's hand covered her mouth.

Edward gave her a stern look before shaking his head "Alice and I are going to the garage whenever you all care to join us" The others were not paying much attention to the couple as they left giving Edward the time, he needed to gently guide his mate into the soundproofed garage. "Alice how would you feel if I took away dance from you". Golden eyes filled with fury flashed up at him "You wouldn't you know what that means to me!"

Yet Edward did not even change his expression "That is what you are doing to Sonali you are stripping her of her identity." Alice paused and pursed her lips "No I'm not, it's just clothing" Edward sighed and pulled his mate into his arms "Sonali spent most of her immortal years in Asia and the Middle East, her form on this earth is of the Asian ethnicity. She lived to see dynasties and traditions fade in absolution and she is the only one who can continue those happy memories its more than clothes to her Alice".

Alice now considered the bigger picture and a small frown spread across her face "I've been horrible haven't I". Edward nodded as his mate sighed and buried her face in his chest "In my passion and joy I have neglected others comfort zones and boundaries I should apologise." Edward chuckled a bit before tilting her head up and pressing a soft kiss to her lips "Actions speak louder than words love."

Alice sighed and nodded before wrapping her arms around him the two stayed like that for a while just enjoying the scent and closeness of their fated partner. Neither were bothered by their gifts as they basked in the love.

In the main kitchen, Sonali packed her bag for lunch with careful precision and a few sealing spells to ensure nothing spilt and the temperature stayed the same. Behind her, Jasper came and wrapped an arm around her waist "What did you make for lunch today darling". Sonali smiled "Kosha Mangsho and Dhakai Porota with aam-pora sharbat" Jasper smiled and kissed her head "You will have to explain to me, darling." Sonali laughed lightly before placing her thermos into the bag and zipping it shut. "Bengali Mutton Curry with flatbread and a tangy mango drink"