Chapter Three - Just Friends

Fida's P.O.V

I arrived home with a smile on my face. I had seen so many sides of Hussain. Angry Hussain, flirty Hussain, annoying Hussain, funny Hussain. Yesterday I was angry at him but now, I was actually starting to like him again. And in a crush way.
The next day, I went to my Business Studies class and sat down. Only a few people had arrived. I was always one of the early type so it wasn't a surprise. But what was a surprise was Hussain sitting next to me.
"Hi Miss Abbas." Hussain grinned at me.
"Question Wala. We meet again." I smirked.
"I told you I'd see you later." Hussain smirked back. I laughed. Hussain put his hand on his heart.
"That laugh! Miss Abbas, you need to smile more." Hussain winked.
"The way you're calling me, I sound like a teacher." I smirked.
"You are." Hussain said casually. I looked at him curiously.
"You've taught me to apologise and keep a cool head. Thanks. And I'm sorry." Hussain continued.
"Sorry kyun?" I frowned.
"For the first time we met. I spilt my drink on you and called you stupid." Hussain looked right into my eyes. I smiled.
"It's fine. I've forgiven you." I grinned. Hussain grinned back. The teacher entered the room and started handing us an assignment notification.
"What?! But we already have an assignment due in 4 weeks." I complained.
"Yes. But this is a teamwork assignment. Meaning you will all have to work with a partner." The teacher said, overhearing me. Hussain inched his face closer to my ear.
"Wanna be partners?" He whispered. I looked at him.
"Question Wala. Phirse question poocha? We would have been partners even if you hadn't asked." I smiled. Hussain grinned.
"So work on it today?" Hussain asked. I nodded.
"We'll go over to my house after school?" I suggested to which Hussain nodded. We then went to our next class. Surprisingly Hussain was in most of my classes, unlike last year, when I didn't even see him at all.
After school, we walked to my house. Ami opened the door.
"Assalamulaikum Ami!" I grinned, hugging her.
"Walaikumsalam. And who is this?" Ami asked looking at Hussain.
"Assalamulaikum aunty. Boyfriend." Hussain answered. Ami gasped. I hit Hussain on the shoulder.
"He's lying Ami. This is Hussain, my classmate. We're working on an assignment together." I introduced.
"Walaikumsalam. You scared for a moment." Ami chuckled.
"It's true though. I'm a boy and I'm her friend." Hussain laughed. Ami shook her head.
"Andher aao." Ami smiled. We went inside and sat at the dining table, working on our assignment. Luckily, Hussain wasn't as annoying in front of Ami. He was being pretty nice. After like half an hour, Ami put some snacks on the table.
"Leave your work now. Nashta karo." Ami said, putting two glasses of juice in front of us.
"Aunty, bas. It's fine. You sit down." Hussain said. Ami smiled and sat down next to me. I kept working on the assignment but then Hussain picked up the paper I was writing on and put it on his side.
"Nashta karo." He said.
"Dude, we have so much work to do. We can multitask." I frowned. Hussain shook his head.
"No. You need to rest. You do too much work." Hussain said, sipping the juice. I sighed and grabbed a cucumber slice from the salad.
"Hussain, I need to congratulate you beta. I could never get her to leave her work and eat." Ami laughed.
"Aunty, she's not even eating now. Who eats a cucumber?" Hussain looked at me. I gaped. What is this, a judging Fida session? "When she was small, she used to eat so much. Her uncles used to call her 'Fidu'. They still do." Ami chuckled.
"Ami!"
"Hey, respect your mom." Hussain smirked. I hit his shoulder.
"Ow." Hussain squeaked. The phone started to ring so Ami got up to answer it. We finished the snacks and started the assignment again.
"Miss Abbas, pass me the paper over there." Hussain said.
"Can you not call me Miss Abbas?" I said.
"Okay. Fidu, give me the paper." Hussain said.
I gaped at him. But it kind of gave me a shiver when he called me Fidu.
"Dude, no."
"Why not?"
"Then I get to call you a nickname as well." I pouted. Hussain laughed.
"Sure. Call me Sain."
"Hussain to Sain? Wah vaji wah." I smiled. Hussain smiled back. OMG that smile! Loved it.
"Oh damn! Fidu, do you have liquid paper? I think I made a mistake." Hussain frowned. I nodded.
"It's in my room." I stood up.
"Can I go with you?" Hussain asked. I nodded again. We went up to my room. I started to look through my drawers for the liquid paper while Hussain inspected my room.
"Wow. Nice room." Hussain complimented. I smiled, handing him the liquid paper. We went went downstairs again. After an hour, Hussain went home. I sat down on the sofa, exhausted. I hate Business.