Chapter 50 - Rooftops

Start from the beginning

Just as Seven began to laugh, Peter flipped down from the ceiling, holding the cookies out for her to take. 

Fury leapt out of his seat and went again to reach for the knife but soon realised he had already thrown that one, and he didn't have a back up. 

Seven slid the knife into the holster on her suit and took the tin-foiled plate from Peter, walking closer to the desk where Fury had sat back down again, cautious and searching the room with his gaze for anyone else.

"It's so late" Fury stated, "How did you know that I would be here?"

"I checked your calendar" Seven said, "You're here until twelve. Do you even have a social life?"

"My social life is my work," Fury said proudly and Seven and Peter exchanged glances.

"I really don't think that counts" Peter murmured quietly before shutting up when he saw the look he was receiving from Fury's one working eye.

"Why are you two here?" The man asked, sounding exhausted, "And can I have my knife back?"

"No" Seven deadpanned, "buuuuttttt we did bring you cookies" She drew it out, building up as if Fury would become excited.

"Really? Are they poisoned?" He hesitantly took the plate from Seven's outstretched hand, taking off the tin foil. "Gingerbread?! These are my favourite, how did you know?" A grin had overtaken his face as he admired the cookies.

"Lucky guess?" Seven said, she had no idea that these were his favourite, she had just wanted to make ones she could ice. "I'm just apologising for earlier, sorry you had to have your meeting rescheduled" 

"Does this one have a little eye patch?" Fury exclaimed, pointing at the one she had iced with Wanda, completely ignoring her apology.

"Uh, yeah" Seven nodded, 

"Is this one meant to be a boy or a girl?" Peter asked, looking at the cookies with his head at an angle.

"Neither," Seven said, "They aren't either" She replied.

"They're good," Fury said as he took a big bite out of the cookie that Peter had been talking about.

"I'm glad?" Seven said, quite horrified as Fury munched on the person's legs. "Anyway, we should probably go" She pointed up at the open window while using her other hand to reach out and grab Peter's arm, pulling him away from the desk so he couldn't steal any more cookies.

"What, why?" Peter whined, his voice muffled due to the cookie stuffed into his mouth.

"Patrol? Remember?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah," He shrugged, "Bye Fury!"

Peter extended his wrist and shot a web, pulling himself through the window and back onto the roof and Seven followed, flying up so she could go through the window.

"You guys know you can use the door" Fury called after them, sighing and sitting back into his chair when he realised they were already out of earshot.

Seven hovered by the top of the roof while Peter spoke, asking her where she thought they should head to next.

"How about that way?" she pointed left. 

"Okay" Peter agreed before jumping and freefalling from the roof, Seven following him down until he caught himself a few meters from the pavement.

"I hate when you do that" Seven told him as they flew, rather close to the ground.

"Really? It's great" He said in disbelief, "I never know whether I will catch myself in time or not"