I stood in front of the door,listening to the light rain that began to fall from the dark clouds above my head. I took a deep breathe and knocked on the door. There was a light ruffling from the house as someone started to walk to the door. By the familiar thudding of boots I knew it my father. My heart started beating fast as he started to get close to the door.

There is somethinf you all should know about my father. He's a war veteran and has always been tough on me. He thought of me as solider more then a daughter. So he has neer shown me much emotion or broke down in front of me. So what's about to happen broke my heart.

He swung the door open and was towering over me at six feet. He use to have raven black hair, like me. But now it had started to go grey.  He had that stern look on his face that I grew up seeing when his eyes landed on me though, it softened, it broke down. My heart ache as I seen all the pain I had put him through all these years appear on his face.

"Vanessa, is that you? Is it really you?" I nodded my head at him and he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a hug. This took me by surprise that I was frozen for a moment. He never hugged me, it was always just a pat on the back or something. "My baby girl is finally home. She's finally home." He whispered in my ear, his voice breaking alittle. Oh, dad. I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him back.

"Honey? Who is it?" It was my mother's voice. I looked over my shoulder to see the small woman drying her hands with a dish towel. My father let me go and stepped aside so we both could see another. She looked so much different as well. There was dark circles under her eyes as if she hadn't slept in years. She dropped the rag as tears started to well up in her eyes. "Vanessa?" She didn't even wait for an answer as she ran towards me and hugged me. She squeezed me so tightly like she use to whenever I had a nightmare and she's lay in my bed with me. She started kissing my forehead and said how much she missed me.

I then had to spend the next three hours comforting my and answering all my dad's questions. It was all the normal ones that any parent would ask their child that had been missing for six years. I was finally able to break away from them long enough to go to my room. I opened the door to see the plain white walls, the posters of boy bands, and baby blue comforter. I made a face at how girly and childish my room looked. I ripped down the posters and threw them in the trash. Now the room looked alittle better but there were still some things that had to go. I threw out notebooks I had laying around that were filled with poems about Jacob as well as pictures of him.

I felt so much better as soon as everything was done. I sat on the bed and looked at the now bare walls. There was a knock on the door and my mother came in. Her eyes were all red and puffy,"Hello hon. We were wondering what you would like for dinner?" I smiled at my mother, she was one of the best cooks in La Push. I really missed her home cook meals but if I knew my mom, and I do, she'll be calling all her friends telling them all the news about their daughter had come, alive and safe. La Push is a small town and pretty soon everyone will know that I'm home. Which means Jacob will know as well and I can't let him find out from others.

"Actually, I was thinking about letting Jacob know I'm in town first. How about tomorrow?" I smiled at her. She had this longing look in her eyes, I knew what she was thinking, she was thinking if I left  might not come back again. "Just for a few hours and then I'll be home." She stared at me for a second before nodding. "He moved out of his father's house a few years ago. he'll either be at his apartment in La Push Apartments or at his job at the car shop." She smiled at me before closing the door behind her. I would have thought that Jake would be at Billy's house but I forgot that he's twenty-two years old now. I wonder how much he's changed in six years.

I placed my back pack on my bed and pulled some clothes out. I was not going to see Jacob while wearing sweat pants and a hoodie. I stripped out of my sweat and pulled on my jeans along with a tight long,sleeved black shirt. The outfit hugged my curves which was exactly how I wanted it to be. I walked over to my vanity mirror to brush out my hair. It grew to stop at my hips, it was long and straight. When I grew out of my awkward stage I would break so many hearts back in Seattle.

I headed out of my room and said my goodbyes to my parents as I headed out the door. My dad grabbed my arm before I could make it out. I looked at him with a confused expression on my face. "I want to show you something before you leave.You might need it since you're home again."  He started to lead the way out to the garage. It had stopped raining but it was still cloudy. I was glaring at the clouds, wishing for the sun to come out, while my dad opened the garage.

 "This was suppose to be for you but...you know." I looked into the garage and my jaw dropped. I walked into the garage and placed my hands on the smooth hood of the black 1967 Chevy Impala. It had been my dream to own one of these cars. It was in perfect condition. I looked back at my dad before hugging him. "Oh  my gosh dad. Thank you so much." I mentally kicked myself for letting my emotions come through. Remember your training, Vanessa, don't let your emotions get to you. My dad smiled at me as he jingled the keys in front of my face.

"You do know how to drive,rght? Do you have your license?" I nodded my head, furiously. I had made sure I learned how to drive and got my license. I was going to need it someday. He laughed a low, deep laugh before handing me the keys. "Just be safe,okay?"  I smiled as I took the keys. "I promise." I got into the car and put the keys into the ignition. I turned the key and the engine roared to life. I waved goodbye to my dad as I pulled out of the garage and started towards La Push Apartments.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes:

Soooo I hope you guys like this chapter. The next one will be from Jacob's point of view. Also I might post some pictures of the characters but I'll like your comments before I do so. Not sure who should be Vanessa's parents,any ideas? Does anyone think they know what might be different about Vanessa? It's going to be a total shocker.

COMMENT!!!!