I Found Her, But Let Her Slip Through My Fingers Chapter Two

Chapter Two

I was stunned beyond measure. The unexpected and death- inducing kiss from Donna didn’t last long, and I was left staring back at her glittering green eyes. My pea- sized brain still couldn’t process what just happened. I tried speaking but only a seemingly primeval sound could my frozen vocal cords produce. “I- I,” I stuttered, my lips slightly trembling.

“You don’t know what to say?” Donna finished for me with a cheeky grin. We were still in the middle of the road, the people passing us by, mostly old couples and toddlers with their parent or nannies were beginning to stare at us with delightful eyes. As if… as if they thought… as if they thought we were long lost lovers. “Are you still surprised?” I could only nod in response, not to mention the word surprise was an absolute understatement. “Good, because your lips taste great I want to kiss you again.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I’d be totally honest with myself, I felt like a piece of disgusting shit. I felt like I was cheating on Allison, which was so irrational of me, considering we were just friends and all. For once, I found myself wishing that I was like every other guy, hormone driven, brain- dead, and emotionless. 

I was too far gone with my moronic thinking to hear the high- pitched squeals of laughter cutting through the air as I literally turn my locker upside- down searching for my Biology homework due today. When I finally found what I was looking for, crumpled and stained, I slammed my locker door and made a dash to my next class, cursing myself.

“Ouch!!” Papers and books flew through the air and scattered all around us like snowflakes. “Watch where you’re going!” The redhead girl the size of a matchstick reprimanded me.

“I’m so sorry. Allison are you all right?” Of all the time this could happen, why the heck now?

She eyed me with obvious amusement. I swear the whole hallway lit up with her brighter than the sun smile. “No worries,” she assured me, “why are you in a hurry anyway?” We were both kneeling and collecting papers as we spoke, her two girlfriends looking down on us, shooting me with dirty looks every so often.

I handed her the papers with neat and perfect handwriting knowing full well they weren’t mine. “I need to turn in my Biology paper to Mr. Perkins before he decides to give me a blazing F,” I explained hurriedly in a single long breath. The two Barbies scoffed.

“He won’t do that,” she laughed, completely ignoring her anemic and anorexic friends. I wonder why she even hangs out with them. On the other hand, I think what made me like her was the fact that she was the only girl that could make me dream while I’m wide awake. “You’re one of his favorites,” she continued.

“I guess so, but still. Well, I really gotta run now, you know how he is. And I’m sorry again for the bother.”

“It’s okay, you know you’re cute when you’re agitated like that. So run now!” I gave her a part confused part blushing expression before scampering away.