12. I might have started to melt

Start from the beginning

"Good evening. Can I get you something to drink while your appetisers are being prepared?" she asked.

"Being prepared...?" I was confused. I thought that I could atleast choose what I wanted to eat.

"I already took care of everything expect the drinks because I know you're maybe not too willing to have any alcohol so.. Order what ever you want, it's on me anyway" he smiled. Again, I had no words. But to be honest, I'm sure I would be having troubles choosing what to eat because everything I saw while looking around looked so delicious that maybe it was better this way.

"I.. Umh.. Well.. I guess we can have some wine with the food.. But water as well.. " I smiled. One bottle of wine won't hurt, especially if we're looking at the place we were. This was fancy as hell and there was no way we'd be drinking just water with the food here.

"Great, so here's the wine list" she said and handed the list first to me but I then gave it to Niko as soon as I saw the prices. I did not want to choose something that costs over 300 euros. Just seeing the numbers behind the wines made me wonder that how expensive this place really was.

"Can we have a bottle of this?" Niko then pointed something from the menu and the waitress nodded. She then went to get the selected wine and was soon back with the greenish bottle in her hands.

"So this is the Remelluri Gran Reserva, from Rioja, Spain. It has some nice earthy tones in it, some cherry, blackberry and oak, yet some say they can even taste a hint of vanilla in it. This wine really has character and it is an excellent choice" she told while opening the bottle. She poured a bit to Niko's glass in order to give him a taste of it before pouring it out. Niko took the glass, sipped the wine and nodded. The waitress then poured the liquid into my glass and filled Niko's glass as well before  she set the bottle aside.

As she was gone, Niko took his glass into his hand and I did the same.

"I'm happy you agreed to come.. " he smiled and it made me chuckle a bit.

"Well, I gave you your chance so that's what I'm doing" I smiled to him.

"How am I doing so far?" Niko smirked, knowing very well that he was doing way better than I first thought and that it was rather hard for me to not to think about him, but that was  something I wasn't willing to tell him just yet. Not that I wanted to see what more he could come up with, but just to make my feelings clear for me. I still needed to take this whole thing slowly even thought Niko was making it so fucking difficult for me.

"Let's say that, I might have started to melt a bit" I smiled to him and brought my glass together with his.

"Told you, I don't need two months" he winked.

"Carefully now" I laughed and took a sip from the wine. It really tasted good. I had no idea if he knew about the wine or just randomly chose one, but he made a good choice.

The food, wine and mood were all just great. Niko had really put his A-game on and yes, he was doing very well with his melting process. Too well, to be honest. He was melting me way. Too. Fast.

"Thanks.. This was really.. Amazing dinner" I smiled as he had just paid the bill. I don't even want to know how much this all cost to him.

"Glad you liked it" he smiled and helped me my jacket on. We walked to the elevator and went back to the ground floor. Thank god the wine did not do any tricks to me this time and I also made sure I drank a lot of water between the glasses. I did not want to end up drunk tonight.

"Umh.. Want to go to my place or... ? Just to continue talking and stuff.." Niko asked carefully while he opened the taxi's door to me. If he really meant just talking then that would be ok, I guess. So as an answer I just gave him a small smile and nodded. He smiled back to me and went to his side. After he got into the taxi he told the driver his address and we were on our way.