Chapter Three - Teasing

A/N: Sorry it took so long for the next part. I low key forgot about this story for a hot minute, lmao. And I'm also sorry for the short chapter, it's 6am and I'm brain dead.

It was finally morning and Wild had already been awake, packing up camp to get ready to continue his journey to Rito Village. He has the habit of waking up abnormally early no matter how late he went to sleep. He yawned, finally finishing. He looked over at the other sleeping figure and just casually kicked him. "Wake up, let's go." He said bluntly. Twilight's eyes shot open before glaring at the smaller Hylian. "Really? You just had to kick me?" He huffed. He stood up, now beginning to get himself ready for their journey as well. The two then set out for the Village. The walk was silent for the longest time before Twilight decided to speak up. "Wow. You are one quiet Link." He commented. Wild just looked at him with dull eyes. "Okay. I have my reasons." He responded. The elder blinked and scoffed. "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

"Yeah, that tends to happen when everyone you've ever cared about is gone all because you weren't strong enough to protect them." Wild shot back before speeding up his pace, finally finding the bridges, now quickly crossing them. "...What happened to you?" The taller hero muttered before transforming back into his beast form and running to catch up.

Wild had sold his monster parts, now buying the snowquill outfit with the money he made and changing into it. Twilight was waiting outside, sitting as he watched the Rito people walk by. The smaller Hylian walked out, looking down at the wolf. "Come on. We still have a lot to do." He muttered. Twilight nodded and followed him up the steps of the cold Village to the top layer.

Now they were currently heading to the Flight Range to find a certain white Rito. Wild Link sighed as he trudged through the snow with Twilight who was now in his human form. "You don't seem to like the cold very much, huh?" The wolf Link asked. "No, not a fan.. But I need to bear it, for Zelda's sake. I can't fail her again." Wild mumbled. Twilight looked down at him sympathetically. "Alright.. Let's keep going then," he said, now genuinely wanting to help the young hero in his difficult tasks since he seemed to have no one. "It's just up ahead, it's almost time to take down Medoh." Wild said as he looked up at the Flight Range for a second before climbing the ladder. Once he got to the top, he saw the bird he was looking for. Teba turned to him with a serious expression.

Wild had just finished proving himself worthy with the arrow trial the Rito had given. Now grabbing the bomb arrows and bow. "Not bad, little hero." Twilight snickered as Wild shot him a glare because of the nickname. "Well you are rather small for a Link. You're what? 17? 18? And only 4'10?" He joked. "Shut up, don't underestimate me because of that!"

"Oh, I'm so intimidated!" Twilight teased the other. Wild gripped his weapon tightly. "I need to fight off Vah Medoh. I will see you later," he said through gritted teeth. "You know, your glare is just cute if anything," Twilight called out as Wild flinched before he kept on walking, now off to complete his mission. Twilight laughed to himself before freezing, now registering what he had said. "..Wait-"