hoodie thief

I went to an alley to avoid humans since it was day. I saw a hoodie so I wrapped my wings around my torso and put the hoodie on, zipping it up since simply folding my wings would make a bump on my back and arrouse suspicion. I walked around and avoided humans as much as I could, I saw a fight between two humans so naturally I avoided it. Once the day turned night the streets became abandoned. A car passed me and stopped, the driver's window opened to reveal a man in the driver's seat and a female in the passenger seat.

 A car passed me and stopped, the driver's window opened to reveal a man in the driver's seat and a female in the passenger seat

The male spoke first, "Hello, miss

The male spoke first, "Hello, miss. I couldn't help but see you all alone. Are you alright?" I looked at the ground, "W-Well I'm kind of lost..."

"Well you can hop in the back, I'll take you where you need to go after I finish something. You can trust me." I accepted the offer and got in the back and he drove off, "Now back to the Crimson Phantom, in just the last few weeks, this Carmen Sandiego has managed to rob millions of euros combined. from a Swiss bank, a high-end art gallery in Cairo, and a Shanghai amusement park."

"Before vanishing without a trace. Headquartes has yet to discern any pattern, except that our perpetrator always wears a scarlet coat and fedora, and seems to announce her crimes by making random public appearances beforehand."

"Such as the nearby cafe sighting earlier today. So we must ask ourselves, who in the world is Carmen Sandiego? Why would a theif draw attention to herself by leaving clues and wearing bold colors?"

"Perhaps stealing's a game to her."

"Ha! The game is over. She is in my jurisdiction now, though I question why."

"Poitiers is rich with midevil history. Perhaps she is targeting a priceless antique or a historic artifact from one of its many churches, or-"

The man cut her off by stopping the car, I wasn't expecting that so I held my wings back out of instinct, folding them back quickly before they could see. My face hit the back of the man's seat, "Ack!"

"Sorry, miss. And Ms. Argent, you are an agent of Interpol, not a museum guide. So you may stop sharing dull facts about boring things."

I didn't know how to act in this situation so I just stayed quiet.

"You have been on the force merely a fortnight, have you not?"

I saw someone run across the street from behind the car from the review mirror, I can tell 'Ms. Argent' saw it too.

"You have so much to learn, and since you have been assigned to my department,"

"Um, uh... "

"I, Chase Devineaux, will be your teacher.."

"Inspector Devineaux, sir-"

"Nuh-uh. Sit back, watch, and learn how to catch a theif."

"She's right there!"

"Huh?"

He turned his head to look behind the car and I ducked my head just in case, not wanting to block his view. We all saw the wooman grapple hooking onto a roof.

"La Femme Rouge!"

he stomped on the gas peddal and the car sped then stopped, Inspector Devineaux and Ms. Argent getting out to see the woman disappear onto the roof tops. "Remain here!" After Devineaux said that he slammed his car door shut, "And radio for assistance?"

he slid on his car front, "No, the Crimson Ghost is mine!"

after that he ran, I looked over to Ms. Argent, "Is.... He always like this?"

"Yeah.."

"Okay, I'll uh... follow him just in case... Bye! Also the facts aren't boring I thought they were neat."

I ran to follow him as Ms. Argent got in the car, Chase slammed the doors opened and I followed, he got in the elevator so did I, "Why didn't you stay?"

"Because I wanna help if you get hurt. Please, I promise I won't get in the way."

"Ugh, fine."

The elevator was moving slowly as it creaked, "Why must the elevator date back two centuries? WAS NO ONE EVER IN A HURRY BACK THEN?!"

Chase slid his hands down his face as the bell finally rang, he slammed the elevator door open and ran up the stairs with me following. Chase banged on the door, "Interpoll, open this door!" No response, "I said open up!" he ran towards the door and body slammed it open, running into the room just in time for us to see the woman bagging something, "Stop, theif!"

Chase ran towards her and she ran towards him, she kicked a foot rest towards him and it stopped him, making him yelp, she jumped up and grabbed him, making him fall forwards, she landed in front of him, making him fall forward, "Oh... Uh... C-Could you not do that... It's a little dangerous.."

"Oh? And whats your name?" "Crow.." "Lovely name, I'm Carmen."

"Stop chatting with Carmen Sandiego, she is a theif! Anyways... Stop, theif! On the authority of, uh..."

he checked a pocket on the inside of his jacket which was empty, "Inspector Chase Devineaux, Interpool."

Chase looked at Carmen to see she had his badge. He looked stumped.

"Chase, huh? Hm. Let's see what's in the name."