"Anyways," She let go and backed away, "I'll see you back at school. Good luck with Mr. Nott."

Korrie turned and walked away, not saying anything else.

I went back into the room and Theo stood there, dressed and drying his hair. "What was that?" He asked.

I shrugged, "Korrie was just saying goodbye."

He nodded and then walked around the room, picking up a few random things and cleaning.

I couldn't hold anything in anymore. I know that if I sit at that table with Theo and his father and tell him about me, that I won't be able to lie. Therefore the truth would come out and Theo would be confused as to what I would be talking about. But I couldn't lie to his father. I couldn't lie to Theo anymore.

"Theo..." I sighed, sitting on the bed and resting my elbows on my knees and leaning down, putting my head in my hands.

"You're nervous about actually meeting my father, aren't you?" He chuckled, picking up my chin, "Don't worry. It won't be that bad. I promise." He kissed my forehead and then walked towards the door. "Come on. Let's go say bye to the others."

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Now, when the truth comes out... He's going to leave. He's going to hate me.

***

We sat at the table in silence. The only sounds that filled the room were the sounds of our silverware scraping and hitting the glass plate. But that was it. Nothing else.

"So," Mr. Nott spoke, breaking the silence. "Tell me about you, Miss Myers."

I put my fork down and Theo's hand rested on my thigh, rubbing his thumb against my skin to give me comfort.

"Well," I started, taking a breath "Nothing is exciting about me. My father travels to America a lot for work. And my mother works at a bookshop in London."

My insides were shaking and I was trying my hardest not to lie. But I did. What the fuck is wrong with me.

"How is your mother?" Mr. Nott asked as though he knew her. "Has she woken yet? You know... from the coma?" He had a small sick smile on his face as he took a bite of his food.

Theo stopped rubbing my thigh and just let his hand rest there. I didn't know what to say.

"Let's not talk about my mother." I chuckled, trying to cover the nerves in my voice.

"I'm just asking. What was it again that caused it? A drug batch gone wrong?" Mr. Nott set down his fork and rested his arms on the table.

"Sadie..." Theo looked at me, sighing.

"Let her speak son." He looked at Theo and then me to continue.

I didn't know that this was how Theo was going to find all of this out. How did his father even know?

"I've done my research on you and your family. Your father remarried and had another daughter. Your mother, however, fell off of the path she was on. Now, look at where she is." He grabbed his glass of firewhiskey and took a swig. "She's absolute trash and I will not have you drive my son down the wrong road."

I stood up quickly, pushing my chair back and dropping Theo's hand. "Do not speak of my mother like that," I demanded, my heart beating faster and faster.

"It's the truth. And someday her truth will become yours. You'll be trash just like her." He leaned back, taking another sip.

"Father," Theo said, but I didn't let him finish.

"I will not be trash. I'll be everything that she wasn't." I turned away, but before I walked out of the door, a few tears falling down my face, I looked at Mr. Nott once more. "You're a complete asshole and I now know exactly why Theo hates you."

And then I left the room, my heart racing and tears falling faster than ever. I needed to grab my things. I couldn't be here any longer. I needed to go.

"Sadie!" Theo yelled down the hall, his footsteps coming closer. "Sadie please stop." I kept walking up the stairs and around the corner to his room. But before I could get even halfway there, his hand gripped my wrist and he turned me around. "What was all of that?"

"Lies! It's all lies, Theo!" I raised my voice, tears brimming the edge.

"What do you mean?" He furrowed his brows, even more confused.

"It- I-" I shook my head trying to think of the words to say.

"Well tell me!" His voice cracked as it raised.

I looked away. I had to. I couldn't watch him break and he couldn't see me shatter.

"This can't happen anymore. Goodbye, Theo." And I walked away.

I entered his room, grabbing my trunk as tears streamed down my face.

I grabbed my wand and waved it, apparating away.

And so I left.

Just like my father did me... I left Theo. Just like his mother did to him... I left him.

You did it for the best. It's better for you to leave before he does.

Yeah... you're right.

I'm always right.

But I love him...

But he doesn't love you.