thirty-six.

A/N: Hey loves, so this is kinda like a big-time skip/jump. The only reason why is because I don't have any ideas for the in-between part and I also have no clue what month or time we're in at the moment lol. Anyways, enjoyyyy.

We're also getting closer to the end of the story :(

***

Theo Nott.

The snow had started to stick to the ground, ice forming on the concrete and making it slippery. Fires were constantly burning in the common rooms and the sun started setting earlier. Christmas was coming closer... the break was getting closer.

"So we're all going to your place for Christmas?" Draco asked.

I nodded "For a few days, at least. I still want my alone time with Sadie. I feel like she's still hiding things from me."

"She'll come around." Astoria butted in, standing from the couch she was sitting on with Draco. "It's just hard for her."

"So you know, but I don't?" I furrowed my brows, sitting up in my bed more.

"You're her boyfriend. I'm her best friend. It's just different. Anyways," she grabbed her bag and started to walk closer to the door, "I have to go and meet up with Korrie. Sadie said she'll be over later after she's done studying."

"You'll find Korrie with Blaise and Pans-" Draco was cut off by the door opening, Blaise walking in.

"Korrie is with Pansy in the common room." He said, tossing his bag onto the floor and sitting on the couch, out of breath.

Astoria said a quiet 'thank you' and left.

"Do you think that the new teacher is Sadie's mum?" Draco asked, closing his book.

I shook my head. "Couldn't be."

"Step-mum?" Blaise asked.

Shaking my head again, I spoke, "No. Her parents are still together. But I think her father is here though. I ran into someone that looked a lot like her and had the same last name. But I haven't talked to her about it yet."

I had yet to find out more about Sadie's family. I wished that she'd open up, but I understand that doing that can be hard. Especially since no one knows her.

I remember, as kids, after the summer break, we'd all go around and talk about how our holidays were. Sadie would always go to America with her father. But her mother had never been mentioned.

What if she was like me? Lost and abandoned but trying to hide it all with a fake smile. It'd make sense.

Sadie's never open about the family conversations. Always being quick on the subject and shutting it down as soon as she can.

How can I make her open up? How can I make it comfortable enough for her to feel safe to tell me?

I know something is there. I see it in her eyes. When I stare into her brown irises for too long, I see a wall being broken down. But then her thoughts take over and the wall goes right back up.

How do I prevent that from happening?

"You okay mate?" Draco's voice broke through my scattered thoughts.

"You're kind of in your world." Blaise's voice was low, concerning.

"Yeah," I mumbled, rubbing my hands down my face and tossing my textbook to the side, "Just thinking."

"What's up?" Blaise leaned onto his knees, his breathing now steady. "You can talk to us."

"I just..." I took a breath, letting my head relax against the headboard. "I feel like I'm the only one opening up; the only one letting someone in. Like, I've told Sadie about my mum. Something very deep to me... and she just... she-" I shook my head "She closes up about everything. Everything in her past that is."