twenty-six.

Sadie Myers.

After breakfast, the group split up to walk to their own classes, Astoria walking with me.

"I have a drawer at Draco's. It makes unexpected sleepovers so much easier for school nights." She said nudging my arm.

I nodded. "I'm sure there will be plenty of those." A small smile was present on my face as I spoke, waiting to tell Astoria what he had said.

"What is it? There's something you want to say." She quirked a brow.

I shrugged "He called me his girlfriend. But we haven't ta-"

"Bloody hell that's great!" Astoria squealed. "How did he ask you? What did you say? Did you guys fu-"

"Calm down." I chuckled, putting my hand on her shoulder. "That's what I was trying to say... he didn't ask me. More or less just said it."

"So it's not official?" Her eyebrows furrowed.

"I think it is, but I'm planning on talking to him about it later." We got closer to the classroom, Theo and Draco standing there waiting for us.

We took separate ways to have some alone time with our best friends and it was just how things worked. Except for Blaise and Pansy. They had a free period and choose that time to shag.

We walked into the class, Draco and Theo sitting with each other and Astoria and I sitting with one another. Snape stood at the front, waiting for students to take their seats.

"Now, I want to explain to you guys that we are having a new teacher come in next Friday. He teaches at a different school and is here to show us some new techniques." Snape's voice was a drawl as usual.

"I'm talking to you about this ahead of time so that you're ready for a change. You all know to use your manners and to be respectful." Snape looked around the room "Okay, let's begin..."

I leaned back in my seat, listening to Snape. Astoria was jotting down notes, as was I. The room was also quiet, except for small whispers from where the boys were.

***

Theo Nott

"I told you it was a bad idea to hook up with her," Draco whispered, shaking his head. "She's following you around like a lost puppy."

"I didn't think she'd be so attached though. Maybe you were right." I grabbed a piece of paper and my quill.

"How'd you get her to go away?" he asked, looking forward.

"I told her Sadie was my girlfriend and she left." I shrugged, writing on the paper. Draco looked at me, eyes slightly wide "What?"

"So you guys are on a first name basis and dating? Wow, I'm so out of the loop." He chuckled and leaned back in his seat.

"Nott, Malfoy!" Snape yelled, looking at us. We both flinched, not expecting him to hear us "Listen."

I rolled my eyes and read over what I wrote...

Myers, meet me at our spot.
Yours truly <3

I folded it up and then looked to Sadie. She had the tip of a muggle pen in her mouth as she focused on the lecture. It was cute, the way that she concentrated and tried so hard in school. She wanted something in life, and that was something that I admired about her.

I tossed the note, hitting her on the nose. She looked at me, face slightly angry. She opened it and softly smiled as she looked up, nodding.

Turning back to Draco, I spoke. "I haven't officially asked her, but I am tonight."

***

The day passed by and soon enough, I was sitting in the window and waiting for Sadie. I looked out across the grounds and sighed, remembering how I'd run down the halls to this spot and just watch all of the students study or do whatever they did. When I was in my second year, I started to sit here; by myself and alone. 

But it wasn't just my spot anymore. I wasn't alone anymore. 

Turning my head, I saw her walking down the hall, her bag draped over her shoulder. 

"You wanted to see me?" Sadie asked with a smile, sitting across from me and setting her bag onto the floor. 

I shrugged, "We didn't have transfiguration today and therefore I couldn't see you then. Why? Were you busy with something?" 

She shook her head and looked out across the fields and to the forest. "Just wondering," She looked back at me "How was your day?" 

"Good. I was thinking though... About something." I looked down, avoiding her eyes and messing with my fingers. 

"I was too. About this morning..." I saw her move closer, holding onto the seat due to her fear of heights. She never mentioned it, but I could tell that she had one. "About what you said."

I shot my head up "Did I say something wrong? Shit... I did, didn't I? I'm sorry-" 

"Theo," She chuckled, shaking her head and taking my hands into hers. "You didn't say anything wrong." She shrugged "You just called me your girlfriend and I wasn't sure if you meant it or not." 

I furrowed my brows "Of course I meant it. Why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know..." Sadie's hands played with mine as she spoke, her biting her bottom lip as she thought for a second "We just never talked about it." 

"Well then," I smiled and grabbed her hips, pulling her closer to me "Be my girlfriend?" 

Her hazel eyes looked straight into mine, happiness flooding over something else that she was hiding. There was also a smile on her face as she brought her lips to mine and softly moved them together... like a perfect puzzle piece. 

"Yes." She whispered against my lips "As you said in the beginning... You own me and I own you." 

My life has always been a puzzle; constantly losing myself and parts of my life. But I had just gained a piece I never even had. 

Like her hands, being small and fitting with mine perfectly... and like her lips, moving with mine like they were made for each other... It was just a small part of the puzzle, but it was finally connected and we just had to find the other pieces. 

I tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and then put my hand around her neck, yanking her closer to me. She was shocked, but as I kissed her deeply, she smiled into it and brought her hands to my shirt. 

"You, Sadie Myers, are killing me." 

She pulled away and stood up, grabbing her bag and then reaching her hand out for me to grab, a devilish smirk on her face. "Not yet, but soon." 

I looked at her, trying to read what she meant and I had a pretty good idea. 

I took her hand and, together, we walked to my dorm. 

Me and mine. 

My girlfriend.