8 Years

My name is Crow. My mom named me this because of my wings, when I was born both scientists and doctors were stumped because humans weren't supposed to have wings. They wondered if I even was human, so they conducted tests on me, I was taken from my parents and taken to a facility where I lived. More like I was kept captive. Life was a little normal until I turned 14, when I turned 14 they started testing me. They touched my wings, plucked my feathers, gave me raw meat to see if I would get sick like a normal human. I didn't. They gave me a picture of a man and took it away, then a month later they gave me a picture of another man that looked similar and asked if it was the same man, I said no and they asked why not. I said because his eye color was different which was correct.

I had the memory of a crow so the government usually took me to line ups to find a criminal. The newest test they're conducting on me is to see what a murder would think of me, a murder is a large number of crows. I was guided to a room full of crows and as I entered the room the door shut behind me. They watched me from the one-way glass somewhere in the room. The crows flew up to me and started talking all at once.

"Whoa! Your wings are like ours!"

"But aren't you human!?"

"Why did they take us from our nests!?"

"Who are you?"

"Wow!"

"A human with wings?"

I looked at them and tried calming them down, "P-Please settle down guys... I'm kind of new to seeing a murder..."

"Oh! Please forgive us! We'll give you room-"

The crow in front was interrupted, "WE CAN UNDERSTAND HER?!"

The murder broke into chaos again. After a few hours went by the test was concluded and I went back to my cell, they gave me a steak and water as my dinner. Once the door closed I was isolated once again. from the tests for the past 8 years scientists have learned the following:

I have the memory of a crow, I don't get sick from raw meat, my wings do work, I can carry someone while flying, my wings are sensitive, it's like a shot when my feathers are plucked, all predators of crows attack me except for domesticated cats and dogs, I can understand birds, and crows will I guess accept me into their murder.

I went to sleep and when I woke up I was on top of a building, I wasn't in my cell. I was outside. Free.