CHAPTER EIGHT ⎯ THE CHOKE UP

Start from the beginning

"We don't do this kind of thing." Luther said. "We are not doing anything." Five sassed. "I am." 

"I can't let you go and kill innocent people. No matter how many lives you'll save." Luther said. "Well, good luck stopping me." Five said before walking away. I laughed and as I was about to follow him in suit, I felt something else.

Monkey hands wrapped around my arm.

In a swift second, Luther had me hanging out the window, dangling. My eyes widened. 

Luther sighed, "You're not going anywhere." Luther said. As Five turned around to say a mean comment back, he saw me dangling. His eyes also widened. 

"Help Five!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. 

I had no fear of heights, but I still felt my heart jumping out of my throat. I looked down and started getting tears in my eyes. 

"Put. Her. Down."

He pointed the gun straight at Luther. 

"Put the gun down. You're not killing anyone." Luther said. 

I looked at Five as he was contemplating on whether to save me or save the world. 

"I know she's important to you, so don't make me do this." Luther said. "Luther! I am your fucking sister! Let me down!" I yelled. He simply looked at me with a serious face. 

"It's either her or the gun." Luther said. Five scoffed, still thinking while pointing the gun at Luther. 

"You decide." 

I soon felt Luther's grip on my wrist loosen, making me let out a ear piercing scream. 

He dropped me. 

Just as I thought that this was the end, I felt a pair of arms scooping me up. To my surprise, it was Five, who had picked me over the world

He let out a sigh of relief. "Phew." Five panted. He brought me inside and let go of me gently, letting me stand up properly. "I can keep doin' this all day." Luther sassed, making me send death glares to him. 

"Are you okay?" Five asked while holding my hands. "Yeah" I panted, continuing to send mean looks at Luther. "I know you're still a good person, Five." Luther sighed. "Otherwise, you wouldn't have risked everything coming back here to save us all."

"But you're not on your own anymore." 

Five looked up from my hands and at Luther. He pursed his lips into a straight line and sighed. "There is one way. But it's just about impossible." Five said, letting go on my hands. "More impossible than what brought you back here?" Luther asked, dropping the shot gun. 

"You know, I never enjoyed it

"You know, I never enjoyed it." Five told us. 

All me, Five, and Luther sat in the car while we awaited Hazel and Cha-Cha.