Chapter 1

The loud thumping of music rushes through me as we walk through the door into the crowded atmosphere of someone's house party. Jack G, my boyfriend, pulled me in as he greets his friends.

"Hey!" they all say almost in sync.

Some of them reach in for a hug as some others side hugs me.

"Hey Lex!" Sammy, one of my best friends says as he gives me a tight hug.

"Hey Sammy!" I greet.

"Ey! Get off my lady!" Gilinsky playfully teases as he takes my wrist and pull me closer to him.

My eyes start to travel the rest of the crowd as Gilinsky puts his arms around my waist and rests his head on mine. As Jack continues talking to his crew, I spot...him. He was talking to Sammy and Jake, but he stops and looks up at me who was staring at him. He fakes nod as he pretends to listen to them as he shoots a smirk and keeps his gaze on me.

"Babe? Hey babe? Lex?" Gilinsky says snapping me out of the 'staring contest'.

"Hm? Yeah?"
"Are you okay?" he asks.

"Yeah, um I'm fine." I say swallowing my saliva.

"Er...Alright, you wanna get a drink?" he asks.

I nod as he takes my hand away from the group and passing the dance floor, to the table full of food and drinks. He pours us both the same drink and hands one to me. I take a sip of my drink as Jack tells me about his up-coming music video.

"So you know 'Like That'? The one I showed you a couple of weeks ago?" he asks.

"Yeah! The one with...um Skate?" I ask.

"Yeah... We're shooting the music video in 3 days and we thought it'd be a good idea if you played the girl I'm singing to!" he says enthusiastically.

(A/N- Alexa isn't the actual one on the music video by the way)

"Um, that sounds great! Of course babe!" I smile as he plants his lips on mine.

I finish my drink as we head back to the couch where all of our friends are sitting at. I spot some of my girl friends from this crowd, like Andrea Russett, Lindsay Demeola, Arden Rose, etc. But I usually hang out with Jack and his boys at parties like these.

"Come here babe." Jack says as he pats his thigh.

I sit down and lay my back on him.

Jack was talking to Johnson and some other people about some random stuff as I join in here and there. Suddenly, Sammy scoots closer to us and starts talking to me.

"How's it going? Haven't seen you two in a while..." he asks and nods his head to Gilinsky, who wasn't part of this conversation as he was talking to his friends.

"Yeah, I've been busy, and so has he!" I laugh. "You're gonna be in the 'Like That' music video right?" I ask.

"Yeah, it's gon' be dope! Did Gilinsky ask you to be in it yet?"

"Yeah! He just did actually..." I smile.

"You said yes right?"

"Of course! Wouldn't want to miss out on supporting my boyfriend!"

"Cool, it was Skate's idea actually! First good idea he's had in a while!" Sammy jokes.

I cough on his name echoing in my ear.

"Oh! That's great... I'm gonna go to the bathroom okay?" I say to both Sammy and Jack.

As I rush to the nearest bathroom, I close the door behind and just stare at myself in the mirror.

What are you doing Lex? I thought to myself.

I open my purse to get out my lipgloss and re-apply it on my lips, pressing them together as I fix my hair.

Just as I was about to put everything back in my purse, the door flings open. And in front of me, there he was. Looking so goddamn scruffy, although looking as if he hadn't showered in days, his nice smelling musky cologne ran in my nose.

"Oh, hey." He says.