Chapter 13: Know The Truth

Start from the beginning

"Why did they..." He uttered. He stopped for a moment as if thinking about something. "What do you know? What do you intend to show me?" He asked. "I know that you're not just a normal kid like you used to show us, did you keep your true ability for something?"

Lol, let's mislead him like Ray, I don't have any ability okay? I'm just Conny with an older mindset.

"Don't be adopted," I uttered. "Don't let yourself be adopted," I uttered once again.

"For what reason?" He asked.

"Isn't obvious Norman?" I paused. My face became serious while staring at his face. "The reason why there is a big wall in this place...." I took a few steps to get near through the wall. 

"...Is because all of us here are prisoners."

Norman stiffened when he heard my short explanation

Norman stiffened when he heard my short explanation. "Prisoners...?" His gentle face looked dumbfounded and surprised.

"Ah, prisoners weren't the right word for our situation, but for now, let us leave it like that," I said. "Norman is smart, he can use a little information to form the bigger puzzles," my wordings became childish while knocking on the large wall. 

"Woah, this is really big!"

I glanced at Norman who just recovered from the shock. 

"Ray knows something, right?" He asked with a gentle smile.

I did not answer his question. "You believed me just like that?" I retorted with a smile. When Norman noticed that I won't answer his question. He closed his eyes as he shrugged his shoulders.

"I might..." He said. "In the future, we will see."

"Okay, but listen to me, do not let yourself get adopted," I said. "If you agree, I will help you to achieve that," I said with a grin on my face.

He did not answer, it looks like he was currently thinking of something.

I tugged his clothes using my little hands. "I'm telling you this because I want you to be more aware of your surroundings, I can't let you be ignorant because of your situation," I smiled brightly at him. "If you found more clues, we shall play chess."

Norman gently patted my head. "We will play tomorrow," He said as if he's confident that he will find something tomorrow.

My eyes went to the large wall.

Escaping in this route is impossible. I should make a Plan B and Plan C.

•••••••

"You told him something?" Ray asked me while glancing at Norman. There was a deep frown on his face. He slapped his forehead when he saw me nodding my head. "You're too careless! What if mom finds out?"

I pouted while playing with my bunny. Ray is currently nagging me and bah! he sounds like Mama Isabella! "Well..." I paused while playing with my fingers. "You said you won't help me and I also want to help Norman."

"Idiot," He said, I suddenly felt pain in my head. "Don't you know that he might tell it to Emma? If Mom became suspicious because of it, what will you do? You don't even have a concrete plan!"

"But you said you won't help me--AWW!" I quickly touched my head when he did that again. "Stop doing that! What if I become more idiot? What will you do? Will you share your brain cells with me?!"

Damn this brat! He hit me again on my head.

He's not good to me already! Back then he doesn't even nag or hit me! 

"Oh? So, you're aware that you're an idiot?"

"Ray is annoying!" I shouted. I throw my bunny at him but he easily caught it. "You're becoming more shameless every day!" I said with a frown.

"You're talking like you're not shameless either," He retorted.

We suddenly heard a laugh from Norman who was standing at the door. "I didn't know that you have this kind of relationship," He said while trying to suppress his laughter. "Do not worry, I won't tell Emma anything yet," He smiled gently.

"Not until I found out the truth."

Ray rolled his eyes when Norman told him that. "Tsk, do whatever you want, I don't care anymore," He suddenly threw me my Bunny as he sat on a chair while frowning. 

Guess he realized that it wasn't that bad to hint at Norman a little bit. It's not like he's not planning to tell him about it.

After all, Norman should be really involved because of his situation. Ray's original goal is to save the wisest kids. Without Norman... 

It will never be completed.

My eyes went to Norman before looking at Ray who is currently frowning.

Well, that is not the problem for today. What I wonder is if Ray will tell this to mom.

•••••

I think I'm rushing the story 🤣