I Don't Want This Anymore

Alana: Hey Mads. You've been scarce lately. What's going on with you?

Madison: Life isn't the best right now. I'm trying to sort it out before I explode.

Alana: I get you but don't forget that Brit and I are here for you.

Madison: I won't. You guys mean a lot to me and I'd sacrifice anything to see you happy.

Alana: Aww. Come here. *She embraced her in a hug and Madison smiled*

Madison: Where is Brit?

Alana: She's sick. She isn't coming today.

Madison: So now it's just the two musketeers. *they both laughed* I miss her already.

Alana: Same.

Madison: At least you have Nathaniel. I'll be all alone. *she faked a pouty face*

Alana: You are more than welcome to chill with us today. We wouldn't want you to die of loneliness.

Madison: Aww. You're so sweet.

Alana: I have to go prep for class now. I'll see you later honey.

Madison: Love you Lana.

Alana: I love you too.

*Madison's POV*

My head feels like it's gonna explode. What am I doing? I can't keep going on like this. She's such a good friend that's always looking out for me. Yet here I am messing around with her person and doing her wrong. My heart breaks a little each time I see her because I may very well be ruining her life. What if he breaks up with her? It'll be all my fault. I'd never forgive myself. What kind of friend would I be to let all this happen? I can't do it. I love him but, I don't want this anymore. I'm literally going insane.

**On the weekend**

*Nathaniel went to Madison's class and waited for it to end. After she had said her goodbyes, he held her hand and walked her to an empty staircase.*

Nathaniel: Hey.

Madison: Hey.

Nathaniel: *with a concerned face* You don't look okay.

Madison: I've just been thinking a lot.

Nathaniel: Have you thought about my question?

Madison: Which one?

Nathaniel: Do you want to be mine again?

Madison: I do but, I just have some reservations.

Nathaniel: So you have doubts about getting back together with me?

Madison: No. It's not about you personally. Have you considered the fact that you'd be breaking my friend's heart if we got back together?

Nathaniel: I have. Like a million times. I just don't want it to be the reason I don't go for what I want and think I really need.

Madison: It just scares me that I'll be the one that will have to see her cry about it or be under the weather knowing very well that I'm the reason.

Nathaniel: I get you. So what does that mean?

Madison: I need time to think about it.

Nathaniel: Maddie, it's not as complicated as you're making it seem.

Madison: I told you it's not that simple either.

Nathaniel: If you walk away today without giving me an answer, that's it.

Madison: *With tears forming in her eyes, she walked towards him and looked into his eyes* Nathaniel.

Nathaniel: Yes.

Madison: Please let me think about it.

Nathaniel: *he saw that she was on the verge of crying so, he pulled her in by the waist for a hug* Don't cry. I'm sorry this is hard for you. Can you give me an answer tomorrow?

Madison: *she sighed* Yes.

Nathaniel: *he pulled away* I love you Maddie. Nothing will ever change that.

Madison: I love you too Nate. I have to go now. You need to get back to your class.

Nathaniel: You'll text me once you're home?

Madison: Yes.

Nathaniel: Alright. Be safe. 

**END OF CHAPTER**