Nintey-Nine Bottles

"Dance the night away, live your life and stay young on the floor. Dance the night away, grab somebody, drink a little more. La la la la la la la la la la la la la la, tonight we gon be it on the floor". My hand snaked out from under my covers and reached over to my dresser to turn my alarm off. I took a deep breath and pushed myself up, looking around my room. It was still dark and the house was quiet; perfect. I glanced at my alarm clock again, 4:30 in the morning, same time every day. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and stood up, gently tugging my oversized t-shirt down past my butt. I headed over to my closet and began rummaging through it until I pulled out a pair of athletic sweats and a sports bra and shimmied into them. As quietly as I could I snuck out of my room and down the stairs, once there I grabbed my ipod off the couch and slipped out the front door. I began my morning run in the fields surrounding my house while Breaking Benjamin blasted from my earphones. The moon was still up and shed light on my path as I ran the six miles to the old tree house. I paused for only a minute, looking up at the faded paint, worn-out wood, and decaying rope ladder. "Screaming on the inside, I am frail and whither; cover up the wounds that I can't hide." Shaking my head, I turned back and headed home. I jumped up the stairs and snuck back inside and up to my room. Throwing my ipod on the bed, I lowered myself to the ground and began my sets of 50; crunches, pushups, v-ups, planks. By the time 6:45 rolled around I was breathing heavier and had broken a pretty decent sweat. I got up and headed to my attached bathroom to take a shower. Steam rose around me and the water pelted my back in rhythmic beats, relaxing my tense muscles. I turned the water off and stepped out of the shower, a towel wrapped around my body. I exited the bathroom and walked into my closet, rummaging around for my clothes. I pulled out a simple black, lacy dress that came to mid-thigh, and I paired a cropped, leather jacket with it. I quickly threw on my zebra print heels and headed back into my room. After gathering my book bag I quietly went down the stairs and slipped into the kitchen, grabbing a poptart to eat on the way. I grabbed my keys and slipped out the front door, walking to my car. I threw my stuff onto the passenger seat and started the car, making my way to school. It was the first day of my Junior year and I had two minutes to get there before I was officially late. Same old, same old.

            I parked just as the final bell rang. Without another thought I went straight to the office plastering a fake smile on my lips. When I approached the secretary's desk she looked up and blinked slightly before registering who I was. When she did a huge smile graced her lips and she began writing me a tardy slip. "How was your summer Chrystine?"

"It was really good, what about yours? Was the honeymoon good?" I watched as she blushed slightly, her curly blonde hair falling in her face." It was, it was re-really great" I couldn't help bit giggle a little at her stammering. After taking my excused slip (I'm a bit of a favorite around my school), I looked over my schedule and headed in the direction of my first class. Oh joy, I had AP Physics first period, I'm so excited. In case you couldn't catch it, that was sarcasm. My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of soft moans.....okay they weren't exactly soft and were annoying as hell but, whatever. I looked up and instantly regretted it. I swear my eyes are going to go blind and my brain will be permanently scarred; right in front of me stood a half-naked Desiree Jacobs sucking face with some guy. He had her pushed up against the lockers with her legs wrapped around his waist. How she managed that while wearing a too-short mini skirt is beyond me but then again, I guess it wasn't really working out since it was around her waist and not covering anything up. I was about to head the opposite way but I managed to catch a glimpse of the locker number above Desiree's head: 208. Damn. I guess it's time to ruin this lovely moment so I made a big show of clearing my throat. They didn't even act like they heard it. I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. With as much force as I could muster, I slammed my books down on the ground. The sound was too loud in the empty halls and echoed off the walls. The couple jumped apart instantly and snapped their eyes towards me. Desiree appeared to be trying to kill me with her heavily made-up eyes. I glanced at her male companion and smirked, carefully raising a delicate eyebrow; it was none other than Chase Kingston, head hottie and top jock. He smirked back and I watched as he blatantly began to check me out, slowly undressing me with his eyes. "Did you want something?" Desiree sneered while pulling down her skirt and flipping her hair back. "As a matter of fact, I do." I hadn't taken my eyes off of Chase and I almost broke down laughing when his eyes snapped back up to mine, shock apparent in his expression. I walked up to him and stopped when we were merely inches apart, our bodies almost touching. I could hear his breathing hitch just a little as he continued to stare at me, a smirk quickly spreading across his lips. This was too good. I gently placed my hands on his chest, relishing the complete look of anger on Desiree's face. Then, with as just enough force, I shoved Chase away. He stumbled back and barely managed to save himself from falling on his butt; that effectively wiped the smirk off his face. He looked taken aback and I couldn't prevent a smirk of my own. "This is my locker and I desperately need to get to it. So thanks for moving!" I said sweetly before turning and opening it up, stashing my books inside. I slammed the locker shut and, without another glance backwards, waltzed down the hall and into my first class.

~Author's Note: The song's mention in this chapter are "On the Floor" by Jennifer Lopez and "Lights Out" by Breaking Benjamin. Also, the picture is of Chrystine. I hope you enjoy this story, and I'll do my best to upload every week or more. I would love it if I received votes and comments :)

~~All Rights Reserved~~