24. Weird feeling

Start from the beginning

"Oh my goodness! Richard, shut up!" Felix exclaims, his cousin going silent instantly.

"It's not the contest ok? I just..." he stops talking, holding his head. "I just... don't feel too well, that's all." He sighs, looking at the ground once more.

"Ah..." Richard replies, reaching out a hand and placing it on his cousin's forehead.

Felix grumbled, pushing his cousin away.

"Hm... you're not running a fever though." Richard comments.

Felix just remains silent.

"Maybe you should rest a little." I finally suggested. "The hostel is nearby."

"Perhaps." He mutters, standing to his feet slowly while holding his head. Topaz immediately transforms once more to support his trainer.

"Thanks." He gently rubs the mane of the lionblitz, who only growls back in response.

"What's wrong with the stadium anyways?" Richard finally asks, looking back at the building in the distance. Nothing seemed strange about it at all.

"I don't know..." Felix grumbled. "I've already told you Richard, it's just a bad feeling. I can't explain those."

"Right." The young man seemed unconvinced, but says nothing more.

I myself sighed at their conversation, following after them back to the hostel.
————————————

"It's really too bad you missed the second half of that contest." I heard Richard grumble once more from across the room. "But I'm glad that you're feeling better now." He continues.

We had spent most of the day chilling after the incident; and Richard being Richard, had been expressing his disappointment nearly the entire time. Luckily for Felix, most of it happened while I dragged his cousin out for a shopping spree in order for him to actually get some rest.

"Well there's always the next one." I shrugged, wondering how many times I've said the simple sentence throughout the entire afternoon. At this point, it might as well be a routine.

"Exactly." Felix agreed. "Plus it'll give me more time to prepare for it if I eventually decide to enter another."

Finally defeated, Richard leans back on his chair. "Fine, fine. I'm just a little disappointed that's all." He admits once again.

"While I'm actually disappointed too, I'm more worried about that strange aura." Star comments. "I've never felt one like it before, and I've no idea what it could be." The bird seemed deep in thought, her head tilted to one side.

"Me too, and I'll like to stay and chat and all, but I think I better get going." Richard says as soon as he looks up at the clock. He stands up, Jacky in his arms.

"Now?" Star seemed confused. "It's like... 9 pm."

"Yea. I wanted to leave right after the contest but... well... stuff happened, as you know. So I guess I'm leaving now." Richard replies. "I've places to go."

Star and Topaz immediately caused a small uproar, Winter being more reserved than the two but still seeming to be just a little upset.

"Fine, I'll stay for five more minutes, ok?" Richard gives in as he looks at the clock again, allowing Jacky to say goodbye to the rest of the Spiritmals. Soon enough, the young coordinator takes his leave, and the room becomes silent once more.

"Richard seems to be in a rush." I commented, looking at the door.

"It's hard to contain him in one place, he just has this perpetual need to bounce around." Felix grumbles. "It's ten times more peaceful when he's not around."

"Ten times less eventful too." Star complains.

"I think I'll have an early night." Felix looks at the clock.

"Sure. You may be feeling better but it's still better to rest I guess." I stood up myself, opening the door of the room.

"Good night." I said, as I walked out of the room. Star flying to my shoulder on cue with winter following close behind.

"Night." I heard a reply as I closed the door, walking back to my own room.

——————————
Author's note:

Ok I know that if you're reading this, you've likely also just read my announcement on Spritmal not updating anytime soon. Well, guess what? I went through my drafts and found 2 chapters ready to be posted alongside another half written chapter. This thing's been in my drafts for months and I honestly thought I've posted it like... half a year back.

So uh... sorry about that and I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Also wow the last I've posted was in 2021?! That's... honestly kind of wild.