𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 6࿐⋆almost killing the ferret⋆

Start from the beginning

". . . I've been told to give you this."

It was a small roll of parchment, which Harry recognized at once as another invitation to a lesson with Dumbledore.

"Tonight," he told Ron, Y/N, and Hermione, once he had unrolled it.

"Oh bloody hell," groaned Y/N. She was not at all excited to continue Occlumency and was afraid if she would accidentally let Dumbledore see the. . . morning activities with Harry.

"That's a very cute mosquito bite you've got there, Y/N," said Dean as he dropped into the seat next to her.

Y/N's eyes went wide, so did Harry's.

The collar of Y/N's robes had somehow lowered down when she leaned forward to read Dumbledore's letter. Hermione gasped, beaming.

"I knew it!" She said jubilantly, slamming her hand on the table.

"Oh my god. . ." Ron gaped at them. "You two shagged!"

"Keep it shut!" Y/N hissed. "How about I get you a megaphone? I don't think Ilvermony heard you."

"She just confirmed it!" Dean said victoriously.

"So you two really shagged?" whispered Ron, looking as though he was fighting a battle between being a protective brother and a curious friend.

"Nobody can know, alright?" said Y/N sternly. "If Rigel hears about this, he'll kill you, Harry, and Dean by evening and bury your bodies in the Forbidden Forest."

"And he'll get away with it too," said Harry.

"Hey! Why would he kill me?" asked Dean.

"Why don't you go tell him and find out for yourself?" said Harry testily. Dean fell silent.

"And not a word to my mother or Sirius!" Y/N pointed her finger specifically at Ron. "I don't want a Howler screaming how elated Rebekah Lupin is to become a grandmother or how proud Sirius Black is of his godson."

Hermione and Dean chuckled. Ron, on the other hand, looked horrified.

"Grandmother?" He repeated furiously. "So you're telling me-?"

"Good lord, give it a rest!" Y/N cheeks burned hot. "We're not stupid, Ron!"

"You did use- mnph!"

Harry stuffed a spoon of mashed potatoes into Ron's mouth before he could finish his sentence, earning another chuckle from Hermione.

"Would you let it go?" said Harry as Ron gulped down the food as fast as he could.

"'Let it go?'" he repeated shrilly. "My best friend and my sister! I cannot believe this!"

"Oh get over yourself, Ronaldine," said Y/N. "I am so done with this conversation. I am going to the common room to help Colin study for his O.W.L.s."

With a huff, she stood up, and stalked off without another word. Dean ran to catch up with her.

"We have a lot to talk about," he said, linking their arms. "How was he? Was he good?"

"Shut up, Dean."

"On a scale from one to ten, how would you rate this experience?"

"Go away, Pigfart."

Ron, Hermione, and Dean had kept their promise and hadn't uttered a word to anyone about this matter but Y/N was sure she saw Ron scowl at Harry once or twice during the day and was not all worried when she hurried out through the portrait hole and off to the headmaster's office. The gargoyle leapt aside at the mention of toffee éclairs, and Y/N took the spiral staircase two steps at a time, knocking on the door just as a clock within chimed six.