3

Bell is making this his torture method. Jesus fucking Christ, it's been five days.

He pops his gum in class and Bell doesn't look at him. He kicks her chair and she ignores him, just continues on with conversation with their classmate on the way out of the room. She wraps her lips around her straw too fucking slowly in the dining hall because she knows he's staring but she never looks his way (fuck that one-second kiss, fuck it), and what is that? Kol glares at the triangle she's calling a top, fucking peasant, and thinks her ass should be on his lap when she saunters of the hall.

"If Blake and I were dying, who would you save first?" Grayson asks.

Kol stabs his food. "My fucking time and effort."

In their dorm room, Blake is still mad about this, slamming the bathroom door, but Kol doesn't give a shit because he calls his fucking idiot brother. "You said she's going to come to me!" he snaps.

"Maybe because you're a fucking douche," Yvo snaps back, quiet and deadly. "Or because your face makes fucking onions cry."

"Oh yeah, you Finch bitch—"

"Kol," Blaise's sweet voice calls.

Kol clears his throat. He's on speaker. "Sorry," he mutters through gritted teeth. Kol clenches his fist because he knows, he fucking knows his brother is grinning triumphantly.

"Don't worry, okay!" his brother's girlfriend chirps. "She will, I promise. It's too much fun knowing we have you by the balls. I could throw a stick and Yvo would fetch it for me."

"Fuck you," Yvo says in the background.

A denial straight from a Sandejas is the truth. Kol snickers.

"I am, darling," Blaise says. Kol grins. He loves how Blaise puts his fucktard brother in place. "Kol, sweetie, calm down. I know you boys are too goddamn impatient, but I swear that girl will ask you to come to her, she's just having her fun torturing you right now. So when she does, just...do what she says. Trust me, it's cute."

Kol scowls. "Cute."

"Big, bad Sandejases just waiting for orders so they can get what they want." Blaise sighs happily. "I missed those days your brother would come to me for a kiss looking like a puppy."

"Fucking shut up," Yvo says.

"You shut up," Blaise snaps back.

Yvo doesn't say another word.

Kol snickers.

"Good luck!" his brother's girlfriend cheers. "Text me if you need anything. You got this, mwa, love you."

Kol wrinkles his nose and grunts.

"Love you," Blaise repeats, lower and deadlier this time.

"Love you too," Kol grits out, cringing. God, she's not even his sister yet and she's already bossing him around!

"Say bye to your darling brother."

Kol scowls. "Fuck you, bye."

"Fuck yourself, bye," Yvo says before hanging up.

Kol tosses his phone on the bed and glares at it before he gets up to change into his lacrosse uniform.

On the way to the field, Kol thinks about last week's dinner with Bell and how he almost fell face first to the fucking ground seeing her standing there outside her dorm, angry. She looks fuckable and goddamn beautiful and angry, and he panicked when he thought she was done with him before he even had the chance.