📜 Chapter 5 📜

As per Alina's request the other day, Sam become Albert's tutor for History. At first, he didn't want it since it messes up his sleeping schedule. But, Alina permits him to enter the class later than the other kids which he agrees.

In the afternoon, Danny keeps on training Albert. Well, until he has enough stamina for PE class. Right now, Sam is grading the test that Albert just answer. He handed the test paper back to Albert and Jeremy take a look at it.

"That's great, Albert! You finally got everything correct on Sam's test "

"Jeremy, he barely got everything correct " Danny correct Jeremy after he look at Albert's mark.

"It's not my fault that Sam always makes the question too hard " Jeremy exclaimed the statement at Danny.

"Can I go to sleep now? " Sam yawns as he closes his eyes and wanders into his dreamland.

"Alright, who wants cookies? Ah, Sam is already asleep? " Susie carries a tray of cookies with a small laugh. The room feels tense. Albert reaches his hands and takes a bite of one of the cookies.

"Are you okay, Albert? " Susie asks and Albert just nods.

"Yeah...I maybe improve a little "

"Well, that's great! That reminds me, did you already choose your course? "

"Oh, I didn't know what to choose from... "

"I see...But... " Susie place her hand on both Albert's shoulders giving him a warning.

"Don't step into the kitchen ever again. Is that clear? " She looks at Albert with a menacing smile.

"Y-yes... "

"Well, then. I need to help everyone else with baking, so long! " Susie left the room and Jeremy come to his side.

"What have you done to her until she looks mad like that? " Jeremy asks him which also piques Danny's interest.

"Well... "

📜 📜 📜

"Alright then Albert, this is your first time in the kitchen? Just follow my lead! " Susie teaches Albert how to make the cream to went well.

"Wow, Albert! I see you have a nice touch. Maybe you can open up a bakery one day "

"Susie-san you are praising me too much " Albert left a small chuckle on his sentences.

"Wait...What is this smell? " Susie smells something burning coming from the oven.

"Oh no, everyone gets down! " Susie warns the other preventing them from getting close to the oven.

The oven explodes. Hearing the explosion, Luke appears in front of the kitchen door. Alina is resting in the office. The sound isn't loud enough to wake her up.

"What do we have here? " Luke walks to the scene. Inspecting the oven.

"Sadly, we can't use the oven for a while. The maintenance will take longer than the last time " Luke informs them as well as the maid that just arrive at the scene.

"Alright then, everyone. Go back to your room. Clean up yourself and prepare for dinner " Luke escort them out while Albert and Susie stand outside the door and didn't make their way yet.

"What's wrong, Albert? " Susie asks concerned about him.

"Sorry, Susie. It was...my fault... " Albert apologises as he avoids looking at her.

"What do you mean?

"Well...I maybe boil the egg inside the oven. Ehe... "

Susie stopped talking and sighed. She and Albert walk to Eden to clean themselves.

📜 📜 📜

"That is what happened... " Albert stop talking and look at them. Jeremy and Danny look at each other to understand the story better.

"Don't worry! I think that Susie isn't mad at you. She knows that you are still a beginner "

"Well, even though you mess up the kitchen and somehow make a change to the menu "

"Ooi, Danny! What I'm trying to say is, If Susie is mad, she won't have that kind of look "

"Mostly when she is mad. She usually gives us the silent treatment " Danny says as he looks at Albert.

"She mostly gives it to Danny. She still talks to you, so it's a good sign " Jeremy says as he assures Albert that everything will be fine.

"Oh yeah talking about the course, maybe you can give it a try on Danny's course " Jeremy change the topic to lighten up the mood.

"Danny's course? What is the learning about? "

"It's Knight training "

"Knight? "

"I refuse! " Danny exclaimed and Jeremy look at him.

"Come on, Danny. Shouldn't you give Albert a chance? Who knows? Maybe it suits him " Jeremy poked at Danny, knowing that he won't change his mind he talk about another available course.

"Oh yeah how about Sam's course- "

"No, just give up on it " three of them look at Sam. He was still sleeping and they think that it was a coincidence.

"Are you awake? " Jeremy asks hoping that no one answers his question but a voice answers it.

"No " the voice belongs to Sam once again. Even when he is asleep, it looks like he still can hear them very well.

They avoid involving Sam further in their conversation. As they talk, Albert still can't find his desired course. All of them aren't suitable for him. They called it off and headed to their room.

Danny lay on his bed as well as Albert. He tries to close his eyes but it seems like he isn't relaxed yet. Danny looks at Albert and makes small talk with him.

"Why? Can't sleep? " Danny says with his eyes shut. Albert can't tell if he is genuine or not.

"No...Danny, tell me how you guys get here if I may ask " Albert asks as he is curious about how the friendship between the four different people can bloom.

"It was a long story. Probably isn't suitable to be classified as a bedtime story " Danny says as he closes his eyes.

"But, if you insisted. I will tell you a brief about it. Sam is the first one to come here. Jeremy follows after him. Then, Susie and I came here "

"She...Save the both of us. Susie and I both feel grateful and we want to repay her kindness "

"Then, we both meet Jeremy and Sam. All of us just clicked, I don't know how to explain it. We just become friends after that " Danny stopped since Albert didn't say anything. He looks at Albert and he is already asleep.

He cursed for a bit towards Albert. He lay back in bed and closed his eyes.